What's new

Switched back to Canned =X

I know I know.......

But I just can't justify being 20 minutes late to work every morning anymore...and I really don't want to wake up early just to get a good lather.

So I went to my local Target and picked up a can of Barbasol w/ Aloe for 88cents. I still use my DE razor but using canned cream saves a ton of time.

I figure that preparing my own freash shaving cream using my C&E Almond oil should be a treat and done without pressue, so on weekends I still plan on doing the whole pre-shave, brush and bowl, and post-shave routine.

Don't ban me please.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't know what you do for a living, but it can't be that important.:001_tt2:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAssp... :eek: :eek:
Dont worry...you will be back.
The extra time is worth it.
This is a quality-of-life issue, you know.

JohnnyWolf said:
I know I know.......

But I just can't justify being 20 minutes late to work every morning anymore...and I really don't want to wake up early just to get a good lather.

So I went to my local Target and picked up a can of Barbasol w/ Aloe for 88cents. I still use my DE razor but using canned cream saves a ton of time.

I figure that preparing my own freash shaving cream using my C&E Almond oil should be a treat and done without pressue, so on weekends I still plan on doing the whole pre-shave, brush and bowl, and post-shave routine.

Don't ban me please.
:a53: Fifty lashes with a wet noodle!

JohnnyWolf said:
I know I know.......

Don't ban me please.

I haven't used it, but I believe Target has canned Proraso also... that might be another option.

:eek: For me the brush is what makes my shave so luxurious, and well, fun. Maybe you should go to bed twenty min. early:thumbup:
Cheers, DJ.

rtaylor61 said:
Johnny,

Is shaving at night an option?

Randy

I've actually never thought of this. Would my 5 o'clock shadow come in at lunch then? I shower at night so shaving right before bed would be better....

20 minutes to make the lather? It takes me about 2 minutes thrashing round the bowl. After that it's the same as canned surely?

The brush and quality creams and soaps are the best bit.

Gareth

I've done the back and forth dance myself over the years. I look at it this way: if you eat steak and lobster every day, eventually you'll give your right arm to drive through Taco Bell. Whether it takes a day, a year, or five years, I'm sure we'd all go back to the brush.

Wow. Actually making the lather is the easiest part for me. It's the actual shave that takes me the longest...going through 4 passes and making sure I am getting the most out of each pass.

I actually changed my schedule so that I will wake up earlier every day for a good shave. If I happen to be late, then I'm late but I am not missing a shave...it just really makes my day. I spend a lot of the day just caressing my face and happy that its smooth.

I couldn't imagine using the canned stuff. I would just feel like I'm cheating on my brush. :)

galopede said:
20 minutes to make the lather? It takes me about 2 minutes thrashing round the bowl. After that it's the same as canned surely?

Gareth

I agree with Gareth. It takes just two minutes ( how long can a twirl with the brush on the soap cake take!) and the feeling while shaving and after shaving is worth those few xtra minutes. You will come back to it, we know that! I could happily shave twice a day, only if the beard would grow that fast! :smile:

I just spent a week using the canned Proraso (green menthol) on vacation, as I didn't want to pack a brush, bowl, etc. It wasn't half bad, and I will probably use it on occasion for clean-up or when I'm on the road. I think it would definitely be a step above Barbasol. Try it and see what you think.

I shave in the evening, but I do notice a bit of stubble about lunchtime, but it's no problem at my workplace.

YMMV.

GeeQue said:
At least it's Barbasol...a classic...it could have been worse...like Edge :scared:

Its surpising how cheap a can of Barbasol is compared to Edge or Gillette, and I think there's more in it too. 88cents vs. $3. And it works better IMO. I love the aloe in it. I tried using my brush which didnt' work too well.

I may start shaving in the evenings since I actually like the look of some stubble, makes me feel more masculine.

JohnnyWolf said:
I may start shaving in the evenings since I actually like the look of some stubble, makes me feel more masculine.

That's what I do :)

Having that extra time just makes all the difference in the world IMO, I hate a rushed shave.

J

galopede said:

Gareth
I absolutely agree. I can get a lather from soap in 2 minutes, from cream, probably 90 seconds.

Hmm....switching from my DE razor to my Shick Quattro is what saves me time when I am in a rush (it is so easy to cut myself with my DE so I have to go slowly)....lather? I make mine with my brush in a minute or less. Just drop in hot water for 15 seconds, dollop of cream, lather on face: voila!

JohnnyWolf said:
and I really don't want to wake up early just to get a good lather.

Off with his head!!!!
proxy.php

Top Bottom