What's new

Acquisitions March 2 - 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 lets see the before and after shots!

They did really polish up nice. The Old Type case, in particular, just looked like an ugly black pile of tin metal until the polish started to show the silver plate. It wouldn't surprise me if it had never been polished before.

Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to see what they would look like cleaned up that I neglected to take any before photos. They would have been quite disgusting, though - the New Standards still had a loaded blade, with lots of fossilized soap scum with embedded whiskers clogging the combs. My wife was hesitant to even look at them, and touching them was out of the question.

Now that they have been cleaned, she commented on how nice the New Improved looks. I think I may be winning her over!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I picked up a lot on the bay. 1 Valet Auto-strop, cased, missing all associated hardware. 1 B-2 Tech, loaded with a Gillette Slim blade and covered with 50 years worth of funk. Once cleaned it was in near perfect condition, just 1 area of rust from the blade 1 couldn't remove. 1 cased Red Tip C-1 loaded with a Gillette slim as well and 50 years of funk as well. Scrubbing bubbles, lead the way to a beautiful example of a Red Tip. Case has price tag of $.70 and is dated 1/59. Trying to figure out to remove what looks like nicotine stains on case without destroying the price tag. Not bad for a $20 lot.

I just acquired an argentinean or brazilian made tech still in its blister.

Can anyone place a date on this?

I also acquired an aluminum handle mexican tech in great condition I think its a 60's. I can post a pic of that one later :smile:

I understood that these techs are a bit more rare. Is that true ?

Either way they shave amazing. Im starting to fall in love and leaving my old types behind.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My 2 scores from February - thanks to EJ & Pauldog

full

Let's face it. That razor is one of the best looking razors on the market. Sophistication and elegant lines. Very nice. I may have to.... shut off my computer now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Finally, I've slowed a great deal as of late. I've become much more selective these days. I've been looking for this one for a long time. It was made right here in my home town between 1880 and 1896. They made both this str8 and a Crescent SE razor set. This one needs a bunch of work but these Ivory scales are so sweet. I think it will clean up real nice.

proxy.php
proxy.php

IVORY scales are my absolute favorite! Wonderful, Historic, Local Piece!

Cancel my Paypal right NOW! I paid the most I have ever paid for a singe razor a couple of minutes ago. It will be the center of my collection though.

"limited edition Gillette Aristocrat razor. These razors were made to commemorate the Queen's coronation in 1953 and were presented to board directors for engineering firm Motherwell Bridge."

The razor is in BRAND NEW condition and comes in the original presentation case and box. The original spare razor blades and directions for use are included.

The razor also comes with its own limited edition number.

proxy.php

Cancel my Paypal right NOW! I paid the most I have ever paid for a singe razor a couple of minutes ago. It will be the center of my collection though.

"limited edition Gillette Aristocrat razor. These razors were made to commemorate the Queen's coronation in 1953 and were presented to board directors for engineering firm Motherwell Bridge."

The razor is in BRAND NEW condition and comes in the original presentation case and box. The original spare razor blades and directions for use are included.

The razor also comes with its own limited edition number.

proxy.php

Scotty, just give me the rights to your paypal account and you won't have to worry about it anymore!:lol:

Actually, I am just waiting until you have it all out of your system. I am waiting back in the shadows. When you are finished, I will be all over all of those NOS razors (if there are any left, that is).:lol::lol::lol:

DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom