What's new

Any Runners in the B&B ranks?

Hello sirs,

I have been lurking on the boards since last fall and have had few posts since I joined. I really enjoy reading the boards here and have started to enjoy taking more time and care with my shave routine. I am searching for more patience in my personal life, and I believe that DE shaving is a daily lesson in patience (haste makes waste, and diligence is rewarded handsomely).

Well, on to my point. I am also an off-and-on runner. I am planning on running a half-marathon at the end of the month. Last spring, I ran a quarter marathon in four-man relay of the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon. I am excited to take the next step.

Are there any more runners out there in B&B land?

(P.S. I am running the Bearathon in Waco, Texas at the end of the month).

I ran competitively about 10 years ago, but sadly haven't done much of it since. This year, I've been trying to get back into it.

Hello sirs,

I have been lurking on the boards since last fall and have had few posts since I joined. I really enjoy reading the boards here and have started to enjoy taking more time and care with my shave routine. I am searching for more patience in my personal life, and I believe that DE shaving is a daily lesson in patience (haste makes waste, and diligence is rewarded handsomely).

Well, on to my point. I am also an off-and-on runner. I am planning on running a half-marathon at the end of the month. Last spring, I ran a quarter marathon in four-man relay of the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon. I am excited to take the next step.

Are there any more runners out there in B&B land?

(P.S. I am running the Bearathon in Waco, Texas at the end of the month).

Does it count if it's been more than 20 years?

I ran one 10K and a couple of 5Ks. At my peak, I used to run around Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis (2.6 miles) 5 - 6 times a week. I kind of miss it, but it's not possible any more.

I don't do any marathons or anything like that. I do however like to jog when the weather permits. I've tried to run in the cold but when it gets below 30 it kills my lungs. I can't wait for Spring!

Yup, I'm a runner. I typically run 5-6 days per week. I love 5K's and am going to run a half marathon this summer.

My girlfriend is a marathon runner and she's gotten me into it...although I'm still a novice. I probably run about 8 miles a week. It's very satisfying, though. I've always kept in shape (rock climbing and lifting), but I don't think I could ever really feel 'fit' anymore without running. Feels fantastic! But damn it's hard sometimes.

I resumed a fitness regiman last year...initially to get toned up a bit for my 40th high school reunion and continued as I began divorce proceedings for stress reduction and conditioning. I probably only run about 10 miles a week at this point (but at age 58 I am OK with that!) and will very gradually increase that distance as the weather improves. I've been a runner most of my adult life to one degree or another.

I started running a few years ago and got hooked. However, I stop during the winter (too lazy to go out in the cold and the treadmill is not the the same... ) so I haven't really improved much. I'm hoping to run one or two half marathons this year though and eagerly awaiting spring...

I started to get more serious about running over the winter. Run about 30 miles a week currently, ramping up to 40 by the end of March and hoping to beat 21:00 in the 5k to celebrate turning 40 this summer.

Used to run a lot in my 20's, gave up on marathons in 2002 to take up ice hockey.

Minneapolis winters are kinda rough to run thru, but some of my most enjoyable evenings have been in -40 windchill around Lake Harriet, having the area exclusively my own.

Novice runner here, log about 12 miles a week currently but looking to up that number little by little in the coming months.

Top Bottom