What's new

Hello from Indiana

I used to be a Mach 3 guy but I have been using a DE since buying at an Estate sale last year.

Razor:I have been using a Gillette nonadjustable DE since buying it at the Estate sale.

Mugs: Estate bundle included 2 crappy Old spice mugs but hey...

Soap: Problem is the CVS/Walmarts/Walgreen's around here only carry Williams Soap. I am about through my first bar but not happy with the sudsy capability.

Blades: I have used the basic Walgreen's stainless blades.

Brushes: I picked up a couple of estate brushes. 1-Stag badger hair, 1- unknown of unknown bristles. I already went through a new $6 VanDerHagen boar brush and bought another I still can't find :frown:

I guess my next step would be to get some better soap and perhaps some better blades if they exist. Someone mentioned samples but I haven't figured out where you ask for them. I was even having problems finding sources online for all the brands mentioned here. (outside of the art of shaving, Vintage blades, Classic shaving, and Lees safety razors). Local sources are none as I mentioned.

Welcome to B&B, Williams is a good soap but hard to lather...Yes get some soaps..

Blades...Try a blade sampler from westcoastshaving.com there are many blades better than CVS and Wally World....

Keep reading, you'll learn a ton here....enjoy!!!

It's great to see another Hoosier (we're all over this site). I'm a Hoosier transplant, raised in Indiana currently living in Japan!

Welcome to the :badger: and Blade, you'll love this place!

It's great to see another Hoosier (we're all over this site). I'm a Hoosier transplant, raised in Indiana currently living in Japan!

Welcome to the :badger: and Blade, you'll love this place!

Slagle --- you're right there are a bunch of Hoosiers on here. I grew up in Lafayette and Pulaski County. Did you have family who worked at Eli Lilly?

Where are the rest of you Hoosiers from?

Slagle --- you're right there are a bunch of Hoosiers on here. I grew up in Lafayette and Pulaski County. Did you have family who worked at Eli Lilly?

Where are the rest of you Hoosiers from?

No family that I know of worked at Lilly, though I have had friends parents that worked there.

Welcome fellow Hoosier. Try Van Der Hagen Deluxe. It should be easy to find. I know both Walmart and Walgreens carry it.

I'm a Hoosier as well and a newbie. Try Lee's Safety Razors for the blades as well. The Feathers were a little harsh for me, so I tried the Derby's and they worked great. This is why a sampler is the best way to go. G/L

Oops, you mentioned Lee's already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom