What's new

Moving on.

Thinking about my upcoming trip home to Virginia and getting my kit there got me wondering.

What do you guys use when you travel? I'm more wondering what you pack your stuff in. An old Dopp kit or something fancier?

What did the old timers use?

If I am traveling overnight, I use a small nylon toiletries bag that fits the few things that I need. If I check in a bag, I bring a full dopp kit that fits my HD, travel brush soap etc.

I travel with a Gillette Tech, a tube of Proraso, my Crabtree & Evelyn Best Badger Brush and some aftershave. I toss it in my dopp kit

I used a standard gov't issue Dopp kit for years, then upgraded to a nice leather one when I got married. As sharp looking as it was, it would start to get spots of mold on it here and there if I was staying somewhere that was hot and humid. A couple of years ago I solved that by replacing it with a red Victorinox (Swiss Army Knife) kit. It's made out of ballistic nylon--durable and easy to clean. The inside is supposed to be made out of some funk-resistant material and it really does stay nice.

Top Bottom