What's new

Ka Bar Dozier

I've pretty much narrowed down the search for my dress or fancy EDC and am looking to get something cheaper for rougher/weekend use.

I know there are lots of good inexpensive Spyderco/Byrd knives out there, but the Ka Bar Dozier knives seem to be really great value $20 or less for a very decent AUS8 steel knife that's pretty small and light.

Anyone have one of these?

What size and specs are you looking for for your "weekend" knife?

3" or slightly bigger blade, decent quality, but nothing special so when I lose it I won't fuss too much.

I want the knife to be relatively light and a plain edge.

Again, my needs are modest - no super steel required.

Last edited:
Have you considered overall length in reference to your local carry laws? Is it even a factor?

No specific reference to length in the applicable laws - so 3 - 4 inches is the right ballpark. I usually stick to 3" or slightly over.

The bigger issue is how the knife looks, if its "tactical" looking (ie, for fighting vs. utility) the more potentially problematic it is - cops are much more likely to seize a 3" dagger than a SAK with a 3" blade (I know this makes no sense at all).

So, the answer to the length question is that its not a constraining factor in this case.

Top Bottom