What's new

liquid flitz

Didn't know there was such a thing as liquid flitz but bought a bottle today at true value. Was wondering if anyone can say from experience if it's ok or should I go back and buy the tube? Thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

I think you'll be pleased with the results. I use a cotton rag wrapped around my fingertip, pour just a tad of Flitz on the tip, and go to work.

Funny thing, I honestly didn't know they made Flitz paste. I may look for some.

DL

That liquid flitz is pretty darned nice! Glad we had this conversation! It does just great!

I've used Flitz before and really liked what it did to gun blueing and knife blades.

On the Flitz website, it says it's not for use on electroplated finishes?!?

Gumby- You've used this on your guns? It doesn't affect the blueing?

No, not at all. In fact, it allowed me to get off light rust that had started on a Winchester M9422 that had evaded other attempts at removal. Lightly rub with Flitz on a soft cloth, then follow up with a preservative oil.

IIRC, the old timer who showed me this warned me that it shouldn't be done on guns that had been cold blued, and I'd test it on an inconspicuous spot, but I've used it on several old firearms and it works fine.

That's one of the reasons I was surprised to see the disclaimer against use on electroplated finishes.

Top Bottom