What's new

Natural Bristle vs Disposable Toothbrush

Any comments on the quality of your morning/evening brush using a natural bristle toothbrush? I have been considering using a natural bristle toothbrush for some time. If you have used them, what do you think in comparison to your typical Colgate toothbrush?

Is this hygienic? :rolleyes:
Mostly there is recommendation of changing toothbrush every month, because of bacterias... Those disposables are cheap and easy to replace, but those natural bristles' toothbrushes are expensive, and no doubt they look and feel classy, but I'm not sure you can disinfect them...:confused:

Is this hygienic? :rolleyes:
Mostly there is recommendation of changing toothbrush every month, because of bacterias... Those disposables are cheap and easy to replace, but those natural bristles' toothbrushes are expensive, and no doubt they look and feel classy, but I'm not sure you can disinfect them...:confused:

I swish my "disposable" toothbrush around in diluted hydrogen peroxide every few days. That should take care of the bacteria that the industrial waste fluoride doesn't kill. Should work for natural bristle toothbrushes too.

I swish my "disposable" toothbrush around in diluted hydrogen peroxide every few days. That should take care of the bacteria that the industrial waste fluoride doesn't kill. Should work for natural bristle toothbrushes too.

I asked my grandmother about boar bristle toothbrushes and the disinfection thereof because she used them on the farm decades ago. They used grain alcohol. They also shared a toothbrush amongst all of the children.
Hydrogen peroxide, if swallowed, can give you a case of the "hurry up I gotta go."
The upside of grain alcohol is, you can drink it once you're done.:biggrin:

So the natural bristles never wear out?

I dont know if they ever wear out, that was my question too. I am pretty sure they would last a bit longer though and be a lot gentler on the teeth. I am sure that they are disinfectable also...
Anybody know for sure?

Last edited:
Top Bottom