What's new

Tequila para la gente

I'm a gin drinker and find myself needing to buy a good bottle of tequila for a friend as a gift. A few years back he mentioned some tequila anejo or patron that is almost like cognac. It seems some tequila destillers reerve some special ones.
Any suggestions or recommendations? I'm looking for the best or close to it, and my knowledge of Tequila is limited to mezcal or Cuervo.

Don Julio Anejo (1942 is you got $$$), Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, Tres Generaciones, Cazadores Tequila Anejo and Herradura Anejo.....doesn't get any better than this....... there's so many tequilas to choose from........ I have tried these and feel that for the price, these are worthy......

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The high end tequila market has exploded faster than my ability to drink it. There are lots of good choices, and you may have to do a bit of tasting to find something that suits your specific needs.

The high end tequila market has exploded faster than my ability to drink it. There are lots of tood choices, and you may have to do a bit of tasting to find something that suits your specific needs.

+1. So many weird, but cool bottles. Patron has been a benchmark for me. I would gift it if I were confused about pretty stuff.

I am far from an anejo expert (I am a blanco aficionado) but I have enjoyed my bottle of El Diamante del Cielo anejo very much.

This bottling is far more wood-dominated than Patron or even Don Julio. Lots more oak and spice flavors. A great sipper.

Review on tequila.net here

The high end tequila market has exploded faster than my ability to drink it. There are lots of good choices, and you may have to do a bit of tasting to find something that suits your specific needs.

Yes, and the prices have exploded even faster. My personal favorite is Don Julio Anejo, which I feel is worthy of the price.

If he mentioned that he liked Patron, and you want to get him a gift, Patron Anejo is a popular choice, even though I think you're paying for the name and is a little overpriced.

Don Julio Anejo (1942 is you got $$$), Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, Tres Generaciones, Cazadores Tequila Anejo and Herradura Anejo.....doesn't get any better than this....... there's so many tequilas to choose from........ I have tried these and feel that for the price, these are worthy......

+1 Those are all very good choices, my favorite being Don Julio Anejo. The 1942 is absolutely wonderful, but it's over $100 here.

This man speaketh the truth! Like you reaaaally need a reason for some high quality drinkin'...

Yes, and the prices have exploded even faster. My personal favorite is Don Julio Anejo, which I feel is worthy of the price.

If he mentioned that he liked Patron, and you want to get him a gift, Patron Anejo is a popular choice, even though I think you're paying for the name and is a little overpriced.

Agreed!

As mentioned before ($$$), and let's hope your friend doesn't use it to mix Margaritas

proxy.php

Gracias for all the suggestions, I might even start drinking it again. I have not touched the Agave since my college days and later on trips to the Southwest.
I went to the liquor store and found a bottle of Don Julio 1942 and went with it since is a special gift.
They have a bunch of brands under key, Don Julio included and some as expensive as $500.
Again, Thanks

I have a few bottles of unopened higher end (expensive)tequilas that i've had for several years but drink tequila so infrequently these days that they'll probably never be opened.

Gran Centario extra anejo

proxy.php

Cuervo Reserva de Familia (2) 2004 and 2005

proxy.php
proxy.php

1800 Edicion del Nuevo Milenio

proxy.php

When I do have a sip it's generally Don Julio or El Jimador reposado or Herradura anejo. Herradura silver for margaritas.

It's all good!

Last edited:
Steve,
You should keep them unopened; it looks like they will increase in price. Sounds like an investment

Top Bottom