What's new

Newbie from Canada

I've recently discovered this very intriguing and oddly addictive forum when my regular corner of the internet, a Ford Mustang forum, had server issues. I was forced to venture out looking for other forums that peaked my interest - digital photography, scotch whisky and other automotive sites weren't quenching my vBulletin thirst when a friend directed me here. Since that first visit, I will now be adding wetshaving to a few other life changes that I have had recently.

You see, I am a new Dad with a wonderful 8 month old daughter at home, a lovely wife, a home mortgage and a pre-mid-life-crisis muscle car. I have advanced nicely in my career and I have made the switch to Carlsberg beer and aged Single Malts from Molson Canadian and Jack Daniels. My shoes are square toe, my suits are no longer 'off-the-rack' and I now have a DSLR camera. But for some reason I am still using the Quattro with a dab of Bath & Body Works hand foam and dreading the wait required before I can put on a shirt with a white collar.

After reading the thread by drandall entitled "Thoughts on the untimely death and quiet resurgence of manly rituals" I - like many others I'm sure - had a moment of clarity. Why rush my shave and waste time waiting for the spots to dry when I can enjoy this time with a proper pampering yet manly shave? I can fondly recall as a child sitting by the sink watching my father shave so why should my daughter have the same endearing experience but with the addition of pain and bloodshed?

I am a newbie to this and I have accepted that I too will go through the common learning curve but I am readily anticipating this final right of passage into adulthood ... fatherhood.

Last edited:
I've recently discovered this very intriguing and oddly addictive forum when my regular corner of the internet, a Ford Mustang forum, had server issues. I was forced to venture out looking for other forums that peaked my interest - digital photography, scotch whisky and other automotive sites weren't quenching my vBulletin thirst when a friend directed me here. Since that first visit, I will now be adding wetshaving to a few other life changes that I have had recently.

You see, I am a new Dad with a wonderful 8 month old daughter at home, a lovely wife, a home mortgage and a pre-mid-life-crisis muscle car. I have advanced nicely in my career and I have made the switch to Carlsberg beer and aged Single Malts from Molson Canadian and Jack Daniels. My shoes are square toe, my suits are no longer 'off-the-rack' and I now have a DSLR camera. But for some reason I am still using the Quattro with a dab of Bath & Body Works hand foam and dreading the wait required before I can put on a shirt with a white collar.

After reading the thread by drandall entitled "Thoughts on the untimely death and quiet resurgence of manly rituals" I - like many others I'm sure - had a moment of clarity. Why rush my shave and waste time waiting for the spots to dry when I can enjoy this time with a proper pampering yet manly shave? I can fondly recall as a child sitting by the sink watching my father shave so why should my daughter have the same endearing experience but with the addition of pain and bloodshed?

I am a newbie to this and I have accepted that I too will go through the common learning curve but I am readily anticipating this final right of passage into adulthood ... fatherhood.

Welcome

Where in Canada are you?

Thanks all!!

I'm in Aurora, just north of Toronto. I'd love to know of a good source for Muhle and Merkur durables and a good assortment of consumables in the Toronto area (for a store) and an online source in Canada (so I can avoid international shipping).

As for the white collar thing, I sometimes have to wear a suit and tie at work, but it's not really me. I love my job but I also like getting my hands dirty on the weekends working on the car and playing at the track!

Cheers!

Thanks all!!

I'm in Aurora, just north of Toronto. I'd love to know of a good source for Muhle and Merkur durables and a good assortment of consumables in the Toronto area (for a store) and an online source in Canada (so I can avoid international shipping).

As for the white collar thing, I sometimes have to wear a suit and tie at work, but it's not really me. I love my job but I also like getting my hands dirty on the weekends working on the car and playing at the track!

Cheers!

Fendrihan.com is one of the best sources in Toronto area, located in Bramton. The owner Alfred is a very pleasant gentelman to deal with. Another source is Toronto Barber and Beauty Supply, they have more old school iterms such as Clubman and Booster products.
Enjoy
Alex

Welcome, but I hope you meant without -

I can fondly recall as a child sitting by the sink watching my father shave so why should my daughter have the same endearing experience but with the addition of pain and bloodshed?

:confused: I think it should read,"so why shouldn't my daughter have the same endearing experience but without the addition of pain and bloodshed?
Strangely, it made sense the first time I read it...

I think I need sleep! :w00t:

looks like I almost go busted by the internet grammar police. however, I believe "shouldn't" used with "without" is the same as "should" used with "with". Now have a nice long shave and head off to bed.

Hey Starcar!! Long time no see!

Top Bottom