What's new

Etsy soaps?

They make a note of mentioning that it can also be used as a body soap so I'm going to go with "crap out really quickly", but who really knows.

I know you can get homemade soaps from Etsy, even shaving soaps, but I've never tried them. I've heard of them adding clay to give them some extra slip, so it's probably good they have that in there. Worth a try I suppose.

I wouldn't assume that just because they can be used as body soaps that they aren't good for shaving lather.

FWIW, Etsy is not a manufacturer, they are a site for craftspeople to sell their wares. In this case the vendor is Spa Therapy, and there is a link to contact them, so you could simply ask questions about the performance of the soaps in question.

I have bought some soap from etsy I use it as shower soap it wasn't good for shaving. But I know others that have gotten some from etsy that was good stuff I believe the company was "redleaf". But each soap is different.

I'd stay away:

1) The seller mentions it is a body soap

2) The seller claims you can work up a lather by rubbing your hands over the soap - no mention of using a proper shaving brush.

Bottom line is that "homemade" shaving soaps are hit or miss. Read the reviews section to get a better idea of what brands of soap have gotten good feedback from members.

Top Bottom