What's new

Monday October 23rd - Sunday October 29th

Dinder1 said:
While you are there, check out Letterk's review of the brush, they have it posted on their site, as well as a link to B&B....pretty friggin cool!
Cheers, DJ.

Thanks DJ, just got back from ordering the brush. I however didn't know they had the review by LetterK posted until you mentioned it. After a little digging I found it. It is pretty awesome that they have it posted. Thanks.

For anyone interested in the direct link here it is: Review

Scotto said:
You won't be disappointed. I would get the XL if you can afford it - they run on the small side.

Thanks Scotto. I ordered the medium as I prefer the smaller brushes. Just out of curiosity what size is yours?

^^ Thanks. You think the medium would be a 22mm knot or 19mm knot?

If it's 22 i'm fine but if its 19 I'm better off ordering the Large.

scarface said:
^^ Thanks. You think the medium would be a 22mm knot or 19mm knot?

If it's 22 i'm fine but if its 19 I'm better off ordering the Large.
I believe in his review of the medium, John said his was 22 mm.

19george said:
And yet I'm still interested in what you bought. I'm Greek (well, of the American variety) and would love (ok admittedly for the novelty sake) to try the Greek cream. Its a bit pricey though. Have you used it? Is it any good? Also what's the name brand of the hair gel? And finally, what store did you buy it from (that way I can neatly avoid having to wait two months for an order:tongue: )?

Thanks.
I’m sorry I didn’t answer earlier but I wanted to try the product at least once. First impression: I’m awed. Seriously, this product is great, especially since it is non-foaming and brushless. When you apply it, there is only a very thin layer of cream on the skin and it looks like it will serve no purpose, but I managed to get a baby-butt-smooth shave real quick. I’ll test it again this weekend and post a review probably on Tuesday. Note that my beard is not that hard to shave and my skin is quite insensitive.

The hair gel is from the same company, Korres.

I ordered everything from Carter & Bond, but I wouldn’t blame them for the delay. Some products I ordered were out of stock and they offered to split the order in two. I declined as I wasn’t in a hurry. However, it took one month for the French postal service to deliver it.

Some stuff from Classic shaving arrived today.

Feather ASB
Feather blade bank
Lynn Abrams/ World of Staight Razor Shaving DVD
I figured I should study this DVD a little before shelling out the big bucks on a straight razor rig.
Cheers, DJ.

TraderJoe said:
Jim, nice SR....which one is that?
Thanks Joe
Its the 3722 very nice brush and just the right size for me! A better look at it is in the SOTD photo for today.
Charles has amazing service!

Goosemeplease said:
Thanks Joe
Its the 3722 very nice brush and just the right size for me! A better look at it is in the SOTD photo for today.
Charles has amazing service!

He sure does!

btw - how the H did you manage yourself that title? (verb.)

Lyrt said:
I’m sorry I didn’t answer earlier but I wanted to try the product at least once. First impression: I’m awed. Seriously, this product is great, especially since it is non-foaming and brushless. When you apply it, there is only a very thin layer of cream on the skin and it looks like it will serve no purpose, but I managed to get a baby-butt-smooth shave real quick. I’ll test it again this weekend and post a review probably on Tuesday. Note that my beard is not that hard to shave and my skin is quite insensitive.

The hair gel is from the same company, Korres.

I ordered everything from Carter & Bond, but I wouldn’t blame them for the delay. Some products I ordered were out of stock and they offered to split the order in two. I declined as I wasn’t in a hurry. However, it took one month for the French postal service to deliver it.

Thanks Lyrt. Looks like more stuff on my to buy list. :frown:

KMF Mint and Olbas Oil.

Much thanks to Jonathan the BlackLabelBrewer for his thread on self-mentholation and the heads up on Olbas Oil. That stuff is nice! Don't know if I'll create my own ASB as he did but I just might give it a try if I can find the time.

Very amped to use the KMF Mint as well.

Shucks, should have put this here in the first place...

full

My Reviewapalooza prize arrived last night!!! Luv the aftershave... the cream was a little "dry," but 'twas only a first go this morning (and I was hungover).

Last edited by a moderator:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

:smile:

1st is a pack from Rene.
and the chocolates are for friends actually :biggrin: (that's the best belgian chocolate you can find imo).

Top Bottom