What's new

New goodies, now what?!

So, my package of goodies came from West Coast Shaving, and now I don't know what to do with them!

First up, I ordered the extended sampler pack of blades:
proxy.php

Any particular order I should try them in?

Secondly, I ordered a Speick shave stick. I know what to do with it:
proxy.php

But how do I store it after I use it? Is it supposed to be packaged like that?!

ETA: Sorry for cruddy cell-phone pics.

First, take the Merkur blades and toss them in the trash bin. :lol:

OK, that was a bit extreme, but Merkurs don't get a lot of love here. The Personnas and the Derby's are a good first blade choice. I'd save the Feathers and Gillettes for a bit later in your testing process. Haven't tried the Bics so can't speak to what they're like, but none of the others in your pack performed for me as well as the Gillettes and the Personnas.

Never used a shave stick so can't speak to that either.

So the, I have to ask: are the Personna's in the red pack different from the blades that Wal-Mart sells? 'Cause those are horrid...

So the, I have to ask: are the Personna's in the red pack different from the blades that Wal-Mart sells? 'Cause those are horrid...

Yes they are different. These are great smooth blades that are plenty sharp for me. Highly recommend giving them a try.

I think you just need to get shaving laddy! Start with the Red Personnas and work your way through. I have no experience with a shaving stick so I can't help you there. Good luck and I hope find the path to shaving nirvana now.

Top Bottom