What's new

If I could have just one beer. . .

Oh how I love beer. Not your run of the mill good ole yellow fizzy junk, I like the stuff with a little more flare. Oh how I miss the wonderful deliciousness of beer. There are so many wonderful choices, and none at my disposal. How terrible. Oh well, I suppose it gives me something to look forward to.

My friend, if you were coming back to anywhere around these parts when your deployment is over, I'd make damned sure that first beer is on me.

Tonight I'll drink to your safe and speedy return. Its guys like you we have to thank for the freedom to enjoy even the yellow fizzy junk anytime we please. :a8:

First, thanks for your service to our country. I haven't posted in a while but your posting got me thinking about what it would be like to want a beer and not be able to get one, which got me thinking about how lucky we are in the USA and how much we take for granted, which got me thinking about the idiots that run this country, which made me want to have a beer, so I guess that worked out perfectly. :smile:

For me, the classic yellow fizzy stuff (in my case Leinenkugels Original in a bottle or on tap) works perfectly. Having one right know ... just the right amount of nuttiness and light flavor, not too heavy. On the other hand, a slow, sweet pour of Guinness at the local British pub, slightly below room temperature, with loads of small bubbles running up the side of the glass, sounds great too. Hope you can taste them through the posting! Take care and stay safe.

When you return, stop at the DogFishHead Brew House in Rehoboth and have the 120 Minute IPA. It is like fine aged, smooth, mellow Scotch. You've earned it and deserve it.

Thanks for defending us!

Thanks for your time in the sandbox hoss! If you need anything, give me a shout. Got back not too long ago myself.

FYI...IMHO a Belgian Trappiste Rochefort 8 would do you just nicely when you get back!

Thats my altime fav!

If it's any consolation, just one beer probably wouldn't fix the problem but just make you want more (sorta like eating just one peanut or just one potato chip.) Whenever I came out of the sand one was never enough and what ever I ended up drinking was way too many. :biggrin: Our first stop coming back from Saudi was England and several cold Newcastles were definitely a priority. By the time you come home, it won't matter if you're drinking Old Dog Walk Me, it will be the best beer you've ever had in your entire life. Stay safe, thanks for your service, best wishes and prayers are with you. If you ever find yourself in Central Florida, I'd be more than happy to hoist a few cold ones and slurp a couple dozen oysters with ya. :cool:

If it's any consolation, just one beer probably wouldn't fix the problem but just make you want more (sorta like eating just one peanut or just one potato chip.)

A good friend of mine has a saying when he goes to start an evening of drinking and finds only enough bourbon in his bottle to mix a couple of drinks--he says that it is just enough whisky to **** you off. :biggrin:

if i could have only 1--ABITA TURBO DOG!!!followed closely by yuengling,damn too many choices.thanks for your service in the sandbox.i'm attending a sendoff for an old friend who is being sent to the rockpile(afghanistan) this saturday.i'll pray for her and you both to have a safe return.

if i could have only 1--ABITA TURBO DOG!!!followed closely by yuengling,damn too many choices.thanks for your service in the sandbox.i'm attending a sendoff for an old friend who is being sent to the rockpile(afghanistan) this saturday.i'll pray for her and you both to have a safe return.
Where will she be here, If she comes to Fenty, Me and JimBow will keep an eye on her.

my friend, if you were coming back to anywhere around these parts when your deployment is over, i'd make damned sure that first beer is on me.

Tonight i'll drink to your safe and speedy return. Its guys like you we have to thank for the freedom to enjoy even the yellow fizzy junk anytime we please. :a8:

+1

My friend, if you were coming back to anywhere around these parts when your deployment is over, I'd make damned sure that first beer is on me.

Tonight I'll drink to your safe and speedy return. Its guys like you we have to thank for the freedom to enjoy even the yellow fizzy junk anytime we please. :a8:

+1 and an Orval or Quintine Ellezelloise Saison 2000.

:a8:

+1

If you're ever in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, give me a holler. I know of a few places that have many, many beers from all over the world.

I you have an opportunity on your way home to stop in Belgium, do it. The beer is incredible.

Thank you so much for your service to our county!

I appreciate it fella's. I think the first brew on the list is going to be a cold Shiner. I will be home for the birth of my son Here in about a month. I will have to grab a shiner while in God's Country.

Top Bottom