What's new

UV Flashlights

I know there are a number of "enlightened" folks over here :biggrin:.

Is anyone aware of a solid, reliable UV flashlight that is powered by AA cell(s)? I'm aware of the Streamlight 3xC and 3xAAAA. The first would be two big and the last would be too difficult to keep cells around. A single cell CR123A might also work, but prefer the more prolific AA cell. I would like to keep the price at around $30-$40.

I have a NEBO flashlight ... it has a Red Laser pointer, surrounded by 5 Blue Ultra-Violet LEDs, surrounded by 10 White LEDs, all in one head unit, controlled by a single push-button switch. Also, a compass in the tail end. It runs on 3 AA batteries, about 5" long. I paid around $22 for it at an Army-Navy store.

Unfortunately, I cannot find this flashlight on www.nebotools.com ... it may have been discontinued. But if they make one, some other manufacturer does as well.

I have a NEBO flashlight ... it has a Red Laser pointer, surrounded by 5 Blue Ultra-Violet LEDs, surrounded by 10 White LEDs, all in one head unit, controlled by a single push-button switch. Also, a compass in the tail end. It runs on 3 AA batteries, about 5" long. I paid around $22 for it at an Army-Navy store.

Unfortunately, I cannot find this flashlight on www.nebotools.com ... it may have been discontinued. But if they make one, some other manufacturer does as well.

this?

Two good options, though I'll admit I was hoping for a light that was powered by only two cells; preferrably 2 AA cells. But as Mick croons..."you can't always get what you want".

Ouch, Lighthound has an impeccable reputation to my knowledge. They are located here in Texas, so what would one expect?:biggrin:

Luckily we don't have many scorpions to search out. Friends in AZ aren't so lucky.

Scorpions flouresce when hit with a UV band of light.

Top Bottom