What's new

2009 Muhle Pinsel R41 pictures

I promised several people that I would post pictures of the 2009 R41 when it arrived, so here they are:

proxy.php

proxy.php

This picture is of the MP head on the left and the Merkur 1904 Open comb on the right. You can see that the geometry looks nearly identical, but the posts on the MP head are longer and the MP has a shorter gap in the center. I don't know if the new Merkurs have changed as well or not.
proxy.php

Looks great how does it compare to an old type gillette??

I finally shaved with it this morning, and I would say that it shaves just like the open comb Merkurs. To me they seem slightly less aggressive and more forgiving than the Gillette Old types. I really enjoyed the shave.

how does it compare to the Gillette Gold Tone Open Comb/NEW? And those with the 'coathangar' shaped comb?
Did you opt for chrome of nickle, and why?
I am considering an open comb razor, but unsure. I was surprised MP use the Merkur HD head :w00t:

Aesthetically, it is very attractive, much as a ball end NEW

Last edited:
That's a nice looking razor. Where did you get it? The only place I've been able to find them so far is on Muhle's own site.

The R41 does seem to be only available from an over -seas vendor. I think I would rather try the Merkur 11C. I still cant say enough about my customized New. It is on the aggressive side but a GREAT shave.

That's a nice looking razor. Where did you get it? The only place I've been able to find them so far is on Muhle's own site.

I got it in a trade with a kind gentleman from England, but I have seen them on Muhle's site. Sorry I can't be more help. The shave is great, The handle is beautiful. I do wish that the handle weren't hollow though.

Top Bottom