What's new

P.160 - really drying?

I just got some P.160 in from superlather.com. Good god that's a great shave. I didn't quite get the right water-soap balance but it was still pretty amazing. For the first time ever, my neck wasn't irritated post-shave.

The only problem is that my face felt incredibly dry afterwards. Even after using some Nivea ASB, I had to apply some regular facial moisturizer.

Anyone have the same experience?

I used Cella for the first time yesterday and noticed the same thing. I've used P.160 once and my face felt fine after. I'm going to use both again as they both generated great lather!

For me P.160 is one of the most skin friendly soaps I've ever used. I can be really sensative to some ingredients and there are a lot of soaps out there that give problems. But not this one.
But we do have this magical YMMV thing around here. I mean if it doesn't work for you just go on and find a soap that does the trick for you.
No use sticking to something that is not the real thing as long as you didn't try all of them!!

PS: Are you sure it is the soap and not razorburn or so? P.160 allows really close shaves so you might have shaved more than your beard and dead skin.

Last edited:
PS: Are you sure it is the soap and not razorburn or so? P.160 allows really close shaves so you might have shaved more than your beard and dead skin.

That would have to be the best damn razor burn i've ever felt.

I'll try it again and see what happens.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Top Bottom