What's new

Any good? - Now includes pictures!

i remember buying a straight years ago and have just managed to recover it from my old mans loft, can you tell me if it is any good (without pictures:001_rolle)

GEBR. WEYERSBERG
SOLINGEN

The 6000 Razor ELECTRIC

i also have the strop.

if i need to take measurements to give you a better idea what it is i will but you'll have to guide me on that :blush:

i plan to have this made shave ready if it's any good and have a bash:eek:

thanks again:thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry no camera :frown:

will try and get a better explanation posted tomorrow, diamentions, shape etc

just wondered for now if anyone had heard the name before :confused:

Without pics the only thing we can tell you is that the manufacturers made good quality razors. As far as your specific razors go we can't help you.

borrowed a camera, hope these come out ok.
if anyone thinks this razor is worth shaving with can they recommend a UK based honemiester

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a nice blade to me. Send it to Steve at razorsharpening.co.uk and it'll come back to you ready to go in short order. Highly recommended.
Should you decide it's not for you I'll happily take it off your hands.

Last edited:
thanks chris

i take it that is a recommendation from personnal experience?

Yes it is. I bought mine as shave ready but after a couple of tries I decided to send it to Steve. He said it was almost there but not quite and that subtle but important distinction made it so much better. More importantly it's given me a benchmark for how a razor should be.
Your blade looks almost perfect nick but for a few quid invested in getting it spot on you'll have your own point of reference. Lovely looking razor, get it used!

Last edited:
i got it nearly 20 years ago, tried it once (not knowing how to use it)
and gave up after a blood bath
i remember the girlfriend was going to shave me with it (she learned that at hairdressing college) but she said it wasn't sharp enough then
it might get some action soon:w00t:

i have the strop but will i need the stones?
is that because after weeks/months of stropping you need the stones to hone an edge back?

i have the strop but will i need the stones?
is that because after weeks/months of stropping you need the stones to hone an edge back?

From what I gather you'll need to lightly hone the edge, depending on your beard toughness, after a few months. I got these because I want to learn to set a bevel and do the whole sharpening process on old razors. I think you'd be OK with a pasted strop for general touch ups unless it gets really dull.

Top Bottom