What's new

Slant Alignment

I just loaded my Slant with a Derby and noticed that there is a 2 on the top piece and a three on the bottom.

Do these numbers go on opposite sides? Or does it matter?

I put them on opposite sides, and one side of the blade looked to be significantly more exposed that the other.

Thanks

Does not matter Aaron. The Slant is going to make the blade look that way regardless of what blade you put in. Enjoy the shave.

Rafael

Hmmm. I never really paid much attention to the numbers. Just loaded an Israeli blade using opposite ends, and then rotated the top so the numbers align, but I didn't notice any difference in blade exposure.

Aaron,
I'm not quite so sure which numbers you are referring to. Are these numbers on the razor or the blade (sorry I don't have my razor in front of me right now.)? Either way, Rafael is right, it shouldn't make a difference. The blade will look lopsided but will work like a dream. Enjoy.

Yeah, I'm talking about numbers on the actual razor... not blade.

With it's shape, I couldn't tell if it was symetric... but with the numbers aligned on different sides it shaved great so no worries.

ada8356 said:
I just loaded my Slant with a Derby and noticed that there is a 2 on the top piece and a three on the bottom.

Hey, mine has a 1 and a 4. Interesting.....

Probably for manufacturing purposes.
My chrome slant has 2 on the cap and 3 on the guard.
My chrome HD has no number on the cap and a 6 or 9, depending on which way you look at it, on the guard.
My LH has no number on the cap and a 5 on the guard.

Top Bottom