What's new

Creed: Which is most Underrated?

Hi, all. I know I haven't been around much lately, but am getting back into the forums and catching up. Here is your question for the day:

There is a lot of love for the more "popular" mainstream Creed fragrances. I'm talking about Bois du Portugal, Green Irish Tweed, etc. But, there are just so many more to be discovered (by me, at least).

So, in your opinion, which Creeds are the least heralded but best undiscovered treasures by most of us BnB users?

Royal Scottish Lavender and Royal English Leather are low-key and quite good, if you like basically single-note scents.

There is also an almost impossible to find Creed Bay Rhum Vetyver that is supposed to be quite good.

SMW isn't really underrated, as it gets quite a bit of praise, or at least it does over at BN.

My vote for most underrated goes to Selection Verte. It is probably my absolute favorite, right after Feuille Verte.

I think it's partly due to the fact that it is only sold in the big 8.4oz bottles, which are hard to commit to for some people. Also, it's not pushed by the SA's like the "Millesime" fragrances, which are seemingly more modern and appeal to the younger crowd.

However, Selection Verte is about as good as I could ever ask any citrus fragrance to be. Maybe it's the mint and/or sweet pea that impresses me so much and sets it aside from all other citruses. Absolutely timeless, brilliantly constructed, refreshing, versatile as a fragrance can get, and just plain "keep sniffing your wrist" delicious.

Notable Mention: Green Valley

+1 on Green Valley, +2 on Selction Verte.

It's the sweet pea that makes it. As Orson Welles would say: "It's full of leafy goodness and green pea-ness."

I am always amazed that folks don't know about Santal Imperial. I would talk about it all the time if I didn't want to keep it my little Sandalwood secret

Now, sure, I love Silver Mtn. Water, Millesime Imperial, Original Vetiver, Green Irish Tweed, and several others, but I must say that Santal Imperial ranks right up there with the best Creed fragrances produced, IMO.

I think that one reason it may not be as popular is that it is EDT strength, as opposed to the EdP strength of the large majority of Creed fragrances. However, I notice no discernable lack of sillage or duration.

Santal Imperial is a gorgeous creamy Sandalwood with hints of cinnamon, toffee, a slight hint of very soft cedar, and it all sits on top of the pure ambergris Creed base. ITs a fairly linear scent, but damn, it just smells so freaking good. There are a few other sandalwood scents out there that I like, but NONE of them come even remotely close to how much I love Santal Imperial. Its slightly sweet, and I'm not a fan of sweet scents, but this creamy-woody-ambergris sweetness is really just intoxicating.

I had a big decant of it and I sent samples out to a bunch of my friends on Basenotes and they all loved it, but none of them had ever tried it before. I find very few folks who are familiar with it, but everyone who does try it.....LOVES IT!

I'm actually kinda glad its under the radar. I like to have 3 or 4 scents in my wardrobe that people are not too familiar with. I like to be at least somewhat unique.

Last edited:
I just do not understand you Creed fans.

Green Irish Tweed is a decent enough scent.

Most of the others smell expensive but not especially pleasant or well-executed.

I haven't tried Santal Imperial, though, so maybe I'll try that one next.

I like the 1948 version Vetiver... :thumbup1: It's a little more grassy, Earthy, and soapy than Original Vetiver. A little less medicinal smelling...

Big Royal Scottish Lavender fan here. But I might have to check out the Santal Imperial ... hmmmm ...

Top Bottom