What's new

Acquistitions 23 Feb - 1 Mar 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received these beauties in the mail.
They were almost black with tarnish but cleaned up nicely.
New Standard (Bostonian?) and a Tuckaway.
I shave my face and head with the Tuckaway and it shaves as good as it looks.
proxy.php

My only concern is how slippery the silver plating stays.
I've noticed on the brass NEW heads when they get tarnished they get less slick.

Dang, I really wish I was into wetshaving before my trans-European trip last summer. I bet I could have gotten some nice products.

Dang, I really wish I was into wetshaving before my trans-European trip last summer. I bet I could have gotten some nice products.
Which countries did you visit on your trip? I would love to take a trip to Europe one day. I would especially like to go to Turkey since it was where my mother was born and raised.

Today the postie dropped off:

1 Kent BLK4
1 Belgian blue 200x70 whetstone,
1 Belgian yellow coticule which turned out to be a natural combi with a bbw back! Whoo hoo! :w00t:
1 natural combi slurry stone to match. Thanks to Rob at Ardennes.

Just lapped them flat ready to go, now I need an old straight to practice with.

I bought Omega....in Venice!:w00t:
proxy.php

Omega SC
Omega 80280 Pura setola

That is a damn fine-looking brush. I only have one Badger brush (I never got SBAD) and it's a lower-end Omega.

I just wish they would come with a decent stand. But I guess it's the brushes we really want eh?

Cheers.

An Iwasaki and a Belgian "White" Coticule. Thank you Kevin & Joel! :001_smile

full

This Iwasaki is sharp. It can easily fillet a single hair multiple times. Yowza! :w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Josh. That's quite the haul!! Please let us know how those Tobacco splashes fare, I'm really curious about those.

Those Two different Tobacco AS's were the entire reason for the German haul, i have yet to find them anywhere!

im only praying they don't break on the trip over the river...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom