Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined this forum 3 months ago, this is what it has done to me:

proxy.php

I had just only (temporarely) satisfied my RAD when SBAD set in :001_smile

Regards.

Jakob
You have it BAD. :biggrin:

If you don't mind my asking, what shave bowl is that?

It's an antique thin-walled enamel metal bowl. Excellent for keeping my lather warm while floating around in the sink.

Regards.

Jakob

I had to post these, the box arrived today from Cooncat Bob, he made it to fit either the lather catcher or the 1912 style Gems. There is a spacer that I can leave in or remove as needed. My pictures absolutely do not do it justice.

Thanks for all the compliments :001_smile

I am actually toying with the thought of getting a shavette, I am not really willing to shell out for a full set of razor, hones and strop right now. So a shavette seems like a good starting point.

Regards.

Jakob

Hi, very nice set of razors (to start with ...)
I cant identify all of them :frown: can you write which ones are shown?
And, what's your favourite?

/Alexander

Sure:

proxy.php

From the left: Merkur HD 34C, Merkur Classic Open Comb, 40s Gillette Super Speed, two British alu-handeled Techs, two Swedish Matador De Luxe

proxy.php

In the Old Spice Mug: Military Issue Gillette Tech w. black plastic handle, British Gillette Slim Twist, Chinese Flying Tiger Brand teck-clone, two no-name open combs (one of them a tine travel razor)

proxy.php

Merkur Barberpole 38C, Yuma/Luftwaffe replica, Gillette Ball-End Old Type

My favourites are the Merkur HD 34C, the 40s Gillette SS and the Matador De Luxe with the barberpole handle.

Regards.

Jakob

Here was my treat, as of a week and a half ago:

proxy.php

From a fellow B&B'er: 1972 Gillette Super Adjustable & late-40s Gillette Aristocrat, with a handful of Dorco and Gillette yellow 7 O'Clock blades thrown in. These are my first vintage Gillettes. I've been positively hooked on the Aristocrat/Dorco combination for the past several days...some of the sweetest, closest and smoothest shaves I've had in a while. I've shied away from non-adjustables in the past, so this was revelatory, especially given that I started with a Merkur Vision and Futur, in that order.

- Barrett

V

VR6ofpain

Picked this up back in Feb. Still polishing it a little. Unfortunately the seller did not mention the crack in the handle. I still decided to keep it, as I have never seen a J.A. Henckels DE razor and the head is different than the Merkur HD head.
The case is unique too, being baby blue cardboard lined in t super thin glossy coating of vinyl or something. The velvet is in good shape and so are the blade cases.

proxy.php

Picked this up back in Feb. Still polishing it a little. Unfortunately the seller did not mention the crack in the handle. I still decided to keep it, as I have never seen a J.A. Henckels DE razor and the head is different than the Merkur HD head.
The case is unique too, being baby blue cardboard lined in t super thin glossy coating of vinyl or something. The velvet is in good shape and so are the blade cases.

proxy.php

Sweet score! Got any close-ups of the head. I'm curious :001_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom