Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can you tell the difference between a twin blade and triple?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default can you tell the difference between a twin blade and triple?

i never used a triple blade...i have heard that you cant tell the difference between twin and triple..you can defiently tell the difference between single and twin..is it true about no difference bettwen twin and triple blades?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah simple. The twin blade makes me bleed twice, whereas the triple makes me bleed three times from one cut.
    - Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jduffy
    Yeah simple. The twin blade makes me bleed twice, whereas the triple makes me bleed three times from one cut.
    Hahaha, good description. Multi-blade razors can work just fine if you apply standard wetshaving techniques; however, many people prefer single blade or DE safety razors.
    [LEFT][I][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4][B][URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6934"][COLOR=Red]-Matt[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [/LEFT]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Images

From a single to a twin. You have one blade going over your skin without the protection of lather. With a triple, you now have two blades going over your face unprotected. Stick to the single, your face will thank you. And will all the ladies impressed with your smoooooth shave.
    Tim

HELP SUPPORT B&B

And malt does more than Milton can
    To justify God's ways to man.
    -A.E. Housman

Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The three bladed Mach 3 is no better then the 2 bladed Sensor. For me the Mach 3 was useless anywhere near my chin. Single blade all the way!
    Frank

"If it was meant to be thrown away how good can it be?"
    MAD magazine spoofing Good news Disposable razor

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Images

Anyone here can tell you that there is no difference between the 2 and 3 bladed razors. According to the gospel of Gillette, a difference is only noticeable when you go to five blades.
    Wenn ist das NunstŁck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default To compare apples and pears?

Stupid handle on the Mach3 -- you pull the razor over your face. Some of the handles buzz too. WOW!

Sensor did have nice easy to rinse blades, there is now a Sensor 3 in the UK. So to compare the Sensor and Sensor 3 -- not much difference really. They do a pretty poor job, cut off some hair, leave some on, never get really close because of the suspension system on the blades, so also quite difficult to cut yourself.

Summary -- no difference, a pretty bland shave.
    Not only Leo's dad but Sophia and Max's too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of them has 2 blades....

the other one has 3 blades....

What Gillette doesn't tell you is that each of the blades has a slightly different cutting angle which generally means the ideal scenario for creating in-grown hairs.

-joedy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In reality, I can tell a difference. I use a sensor (original) and have used a mach 3 in the past. The mach 3 always left my face feeling irritated after a shave while the sensor does not. I like the head of the sensor better also. Don't like the way the mach 3 pivots at all. Unfortunetely I never got along good with a DE (sorry). Never was able to get over the different grain growth on my neck and always had ingrowns, bumps on my neck. I don't have that problem with the sensor so I use it. If I had to use a DE I would and get along ok, but if I don't, I'll stick to my sensor for now.

I don't have a problem with getting a close shave with the sensor either. Just have to be careful to not overdo it or I'll pay with irritation and bumbs, just like I would with any razor though. There's that compromise between BBS and problems.

I guess the biggest difference between a twin and a thriple blade is the price Gillette wants for the mach 3 blades. And if that's not bad enough, the fusion is just plain crazy!

John

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Images

Good point John. I started using the Sensor just before I switched to the full on wet shaving and a DE. The first time I used a brush and soap with a Sensor, I got an excellent shave. Its still my cartridge of choice for quick shaves and travel since its relatively cheap and causes much less irritation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I used double blade cartridges before (atras, sensors etc.). Shaving was really an uneventfull and tedious chore. Then the triples were introduced. In my search for nirvana, I bought one. I immediately noticed that the natural angle of the head felt quite awkward. The razor would not adjust to the contours of the face. This caused some unexpected accidents. Soon after that I discovered DE razors....ah nirvana.
    May all your shaves be BBS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Images

Sorry-I can't count past 1.

Marty
    Ookla... Ariel.....RIDE!!!!

"Noble Knight of the Veg Table"

hello bjp,

as i have stated before, IMNSHO, the sensor excel was the last DECENT product gillette produced. everything since then has been useless expensive excess.

thanks,
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by bj_please
    i never used a triple blade...i have heard that you cant tell the difference between twin and triple..you can defiently tell the difference between single and twin..is it true about no difference bettwen twin and triple blades?
    m

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the mode of full disclosure, I'm mostly a DE or a Str8 user, but my policy is to try all "new" products before I stock them. I recently added Merkurís twin and triple blade razors to my store. Having also gone from the Sensor to a DE some years back, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much the pivoting head on the Mach 3 added to its efficiency, but of course, still found the shave lacking in comparison to the "standard" of my regular razors. Even ignoring the fact that I love the handle on Merkurís twin blade razors, I actually thought it gave a better shave that their Mach 3. Part of that could have been attributed to the Merkur twin blade cartridge that came with it. I don't know. I've not kept up with those and don't know how they stack up versus other brands.
    Jim
    ~ Vintage Blades LLC ~
    [url]http://vintagebladesllc.com/[/url]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joedy
    One of them has 2 blades....

the other one has 3 blades....

-joedy

The many responses cover the question indepth but I think I have to agree with Joedy on this one

Rafael
    [I]"A well lathered face is half a good shave"[/I]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i can tell quite a bit between the two. funny thing is that neither one works as well as a single blade doing multiple passes,ymmv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

The gillette Sensor Excel was the first razor that worked for me without getting cut and gave me a good shave. It's been too long to compare the quality of shave to a two blade razor, sorry.

Duggo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Arrow

The one thing that the Mach 3 system has going for it is the swivel head. It's much better than the previous razors on that count, you don't to press as hard to get the cartridge to line up to your skin correctly. It's the one that I reach for if I'm in a real hurry.
    ~Jon~
    BBS Challenged

Member of the B&B 2011 Rudy Vey custom Brush Buy
    I gave to Soap For Hope
    I survived the 2011 B&B Upgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by _JP_
    The one thing that the Mach 3 system has going for it is the swivel head. It's much better than the previous razors on that count, you don't to press as hard to get the cartridge to line up to your skin correctly. It's the one that I reach for if I'm in a real hurry.
    Don't forget that the Atra was a swivel head and a double blade cartridge.

Randy
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
    Shazam!
    Another memorable quote!
    Hall of Fame
    Remember Alex Brown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joedy
    What Gillette doesn't tell you is that each of the blades has a slightly different cutting angle which generally means the ideal scenario for creating in-grown hairs.

-joedy
    You would think that they would create some sort of product to help with ingrown hairs...then the cycle would be complete.
    Bob O.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast