What's new

Turbo Tax

Anyone use Turbo Tax? I've used it for the last few years, but have heard that it doen't always do a good job with alternative minimum tax issues ifor those with a mortgage interest deduction. Does anyone have any experience with that issue?

Thanks.

(For purposes of this question, I assume that the 16th Amendment to the Constitution actually and legitimately gives the federal government the power to collect income taxes, so let's save contrary interpretations for a different thread. :lol:)

I haven't used it in several years. But.....one question I recently posed is that Turbo Tax reduces your refund by the stimulus check of last year or else adds it to your payment due.

I don't know the answer to whether this should be done or not. Responses include 'the stimulus was basically a loan' :confused: to this is incorrect.
Sue

I used to do my taxes pencil and paper, until I bought rental property. I used it the last 2 years, and have had no problems, and good refunds.

The Intuit forum/Q&A site might be a better place to ask if you have a very specific question. But I would expect TurboTax to get the interest deduction calculation correct regarding AMT, since various deductions are added back in as part of calculating whether you are subject to AMT or not.

I've been using a CPA for years. A few years back I used TurboTax just to check and it was within $50. I still use the CPA because things have become complicated and I like the piece of mind.

Top Bottom