What's new

Has anyone tried mixing creams together?

By mixing creams, I don't mean the "superlather" technique with SS and SC. This morning, I had just half a pinkie tip's worth of creamo cream (the last bit of free sample from shaving essentials). Since didn't think that would be enough for me for a full lather, I added some TOBS Sandalwood SC to it.

The end result was a nice cushiony lathery, with the creamo cream's super slick characteristics...the smell was nicer too. It was also superlather worthy.

I'm just wondering if anyone has every experimented with mixing different creams together to either create a new scent or getting better lather?

--Dennis

Oh yeah. Being the menthol-head that I am, I mix a little my time bath and body cream with pretty much everything. For example... I mixed a little bit of the menthol with some TOBS lime. Awesome lime scent, with a killer menthol kick. Good stuff.

I mixed TOBS Rose with Sandalwood to try and create a Floris 89 or Hammam type of scent. It smelled nice but didn't work out the way I intended.

Clint

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've used some that were incredible, and others take on an almost liquid consistency that proves virtually useless. Not sure what sort of chemistry is going on there.

Top Bottom