What's new

Official B&B Secret Santa Sign Up Sheet

Ok gang, after seeing the response on the initial thread, I'm pleased to announce that we will have the first annual Badger & Blade secret santa program. Listed below are the rules, regulations, sign up dates, and program information. Everyone is encouraged and welcome to participate and hopefully, your secret santa will bring you more than a can of edge gel and a dull mach 3 razor for Christmas! :001_tt2:

I hope this adds to everyone's enjoyment of this Christmas season and that it promotes camaraderie amongst all the great members here at Badger & Blade.

Rules & Regulations
1. The maximum dollar amount, including shipping that is allowed to be spent on a wetshaving item for your recipient is $25 USD.

2. This does not mean that you must spend $25 USD, it means that is the cap. We're trying to keep this fun and from the heart. There is plenty of great wetshaving gear & accessories out there for under $25. There are no wishlists. This is a from-the-heart sort of thing. Get creative and clever. If the person you're sending the present to already has it, then now they have two! :biggrin:

3. This one kind of goes without saying, but you must keep your secret santa partner secret! Don't allude to who it is in posts, don't whisper about it via PM's, it's a secret! :nono: Don't be a party pooper.

4. Take just a minute or two and wrap your present to your recipient. Inside your wrapped package to your secret santa partner, you may include your name so they know who sent the gift when they open it.
All gifts must be wrapped.

What can I buy as a gift??
Anything you like that is under $25 shipped! Creams, soaps, razor blades, decants, after shaves, hydrosols, tonics, towels, EdT samples, facial cleansers, clay masks...anything! Anything that relates to wetshaving is fair game. Use your imagination. For a list of vendors, see Kyle's Shopping List

Before I go into the specifics, I will answer a question I'm sure to get over and over. Yes, these dates are drop dead and there will be no extensions. The reason for this is simple. Christmas shipping gets very backed up and notoriously delayed. On top of that, there are B&B members from all over the United States and our international B&B members need plenty of built-in time for their gifts to travel across the pond and vice-versa. We want to make certain that their gifts are there under their trees to open on Christmas morning.

Latest Date to Sign Up: Saturday, November 11th 2006, 11pm.
Secret Santa names given via PM: Monday, November 13th 2006
Latest Date for Gift Purchase: Tuesday, November 28th 2006
Latest Date for Shipment: Friday, December 8th 2006

How Do I Sign Up?
Simple. Send me a private message saying you wish to sign up and include your name & address in the PM. That's it. Your name will be added to the list at the bottom of this thread and on November 13th, your Secret Santa name will be sent to you with his/her name & address and the rest is in your ball court. Sound simple? It is. :thumbup: Before you ask, obviously I can't participate in this because I know who the Secret Santas are and it wouldn't be very secret. I'll update the list at the bottom of the page probably every day or every other day, so you can verify that you are on the participant list.

Shipping
You can use any shipping carrier you wish to send your item. For our United States members, USPS Priority Mail is usually the cheapest route and the fastest delivery method. FedEx and UPS are both notably more expensive. Once the sign up period has closed, I'll create a thread for shipped verification where each member can post that they've shipped their item to their secret santa.

Update 10.22.06: It has been brought to my attention that both FedEx and UPS charge brokerage fees for international shipping $35.00 USD minimum. Additionally, packages are more likely to be charged additional tax and handling fees upon entering the country. As all of these expenses would be charged to the recipient of the parcel, it may not be a very welcomed Christmas gift. So I think USPS Parcel mail would be a much wiser and less expensive choice of shipment carriers for the US members shipping internationally.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

Ho Ho Ho!!! Merry Christmas to all..

Secret Santa Participants

LIST WILL BE COMPLIED AND POSTED WHEN ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS HAVE BEEN FINALIZED

Justin, I think you should be able to participate irregardless of whether or not, it's secret to you. You've gone to all this trouble to organize it, you have EARNED the right to participate in my mind. What does everybody else think? If you insist on it being a secret, there has be a way the pool can have a random draw of someone who sends a package to you without your knowing. I guess, I just don't like the idea that came up with this whole plan, put it together and brought it to fruition, just to be left out. We at B&B want to you have the extra Merry Christmas that you've given us.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
TimmyBoston said:
Justin, I think you should be able to participate irregardless of whether or not, it's secret to you. You've gone to all this trouble to organize it, you have EARNED the right to participate in my mind. What does everybody else think? If you insist on it being a secret, there has be a way the pool can have a random draw of someone who sends a package to you without your knowing. I guess, I just don't like the idea that came up with this whole plan, put it together and brought it to fruition, just to be left out. We at B&B want to you have the extra Merry Christmas that you've given us.

Hmmm. Perhaps it's early, but did the recently graduated English major just say "irregardless"?
:w00t: :lol:

ouch said:
Hmmm. Perhaps it's early, but did the recently graduated English major just say "irregardless"?

That's an ouch from Ouch!

How about "centers around" as in, "That centers around our problem with proper grammar."

TimmyBoston said:
I agree Tim. Maybe, before you start assigining people a Secret Santa, one of the other admin could do it for you with the full list or something like that. If you havent previously studied the full list, you wont know who is missing. Just a thought.

ouch said:

I've been tending bar for 5 hours, tossing drunks, leave me alone! And I was a psych, philosophy major, we don't need grammar! I just minored in English, so I only need it in minor doses! :laugh:

TimmyBoston said:

I've communicated to Justin about this - and have offered to be responsible for finding Justin his very own santa.

That's all I'll say here, but if you're interested, send me a pm.

until I can get this stickied...

bump bump bump..

Oh, and Timmy, thanks for your consideration & concern about my participation. :)

I need everyone who said they were interested in the original Secret Santa thread to email me their names and addresses so you can officially be registered..

Top Bottom