What's new

So I tried out my stubby 2 with a cream today....

And the reason I initially got this brush was to use with soaps and face-lathering which it excels at, but I wanted to see what it could do with a cream whipped up in my peach scuttle...........so I grabbed a tub of Trumper's coconut oil cream and the lather exploded! rich, creamy meringue-like lather! I have heard of other guys having problems with this brush being "too dense" and hogging the lather, but I have not experienced that problem with the stubby 2. I can't imagine a brush being any denser than this thing; you couldn't possibly pack any more badger into the handle, but it does give the lather up, and it has great backbone, so it keeps you lathering with those soft tips. It also give a wonderful massage-like feeling on the face when working the lather into the beard. I find myself working the brush into my face longer than I even need to because I enjoy the feeling so much. Now I haven't owned even close to as many brushes as some of you guys, but I think that this thing is amazing!:001_smile. I had it pegged as a soap-only kind of brush but I see that I was wrong about that, it can be used for anything, and it's a handsome brush to boot. I actually think that I may not need another brush after this, I really like it that much.:thumbup1:

Oh yes indeedy! My stubby 2 works fantastic with creams! :w00t: The effect is one of a deep massage, rather than exfoliating! Totally excellent!

I always got the impression that Heritage brushes were "lather hogs," and that they probably wouldn't work that well with creams.......who knew.

Top Bottom