What's new

Considering buying Beretta Bobcat. Any opinions?

First of all, thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my question. I appreciate it.

After very careful consideration, I've decided that a lightweight .32 or .38 revolver is what I will buy for my wife for the following reasons:

1. She will not practice much with the firearm so having a semi-automatic doesn't make sense, especially IF (and when) a jam takes place. Under pressure, she would not be able to clear the chamber. With a revolver, it's point and shoot. Simple.

2. Some of the Taurus and Smith & Wesson ultra-lights are pretty light weight. The Taurus Ultra-Lite Model 85 is only 17 ounces and the S&W are close.

3. A .38 should be more than ample to deter either two-legged or four-legged problems. Especially with hollow-point bullets...

Thanks again to all.

First of all, thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my question. I appreciate it.

After very careful consideration, I've decided that a lightweight .32 or .38 revolver is what I will buy for my wife for the following reasons:

1. She will not practice much with the firearm so having a semi-automatic doesn't make sense, especially IF (and when) a jam takes place. Under pressure, she would not be able to clear the chamber. With a revolver, it's point and shoot. Simple.

2. Some of the Taurus and Smith & Wesson ultra-lights are pretty light weight. The Taurus Ultra-Lite Model 85 is only 17 ounces and the S&W are close.

3. A .38 should be more than ample to deter either two-legged or four-legged problems. Especially with hollow-point bullets...

Thanks again to all.

I think that is a good choice. the 38 is very managable. I also like the Ruger SP101 in 38 spl. not as light, but rock solid. And for those walks in the woods Rat Shot are great snake shooters. In 38, it is a lot of pellets.

I like the .38 snub vs. the .22 Bobcat.

Now, get her to the range, start with light wadcutter target ammo, and don't let her shoot it with the heavier recoiling defensive stuff until she feels very comfortable shooting it with the lighter loads.

Above all, have fun!

Get the bobcat also. That is a good price and 22s are the most fun you can have for that cheap. Definitely get the bobcat. 22s also make a good gun for practicing shooting fundamentals.

GB

Top Bottom