What's new

Gillette Contour/Contour Plus

I was just wondering what all of you thought about the Contour/Contour Plus from Gillette. I bought it recently because it was a fairly cheap cartridge, with only 2 blades - instead of the "shred your face" 5 - and I reckon it's an alright cartridge.

Refills are cheap, the razor itself is cheap and it's not so rough on my face, I can do a 2 pass, WTG then ATG without too much redness (at first at least, lets see in a few hours)...

Just wondering if any of you tried it?

Although I'd like normal contour blades without that "lubrication" strip that leaves a stringy white mess all over your face...

Hi,
Gillette Contour is Ok. But a TRACII / GII wil mimic a double edge shave better as it is non-pivot. TRY a replica TRACII and see if you like the kind of shave.
Regards,

I was just wondering what all of you thought about the Contour/Contour Plus from Gillette. I bought it recently because it was a fairly cheap cartridge, with only 2 blades - instead of the "shred your face" 5 - and I reckon it's an alright cartridge.

Refills are cheap, the razor itself is cheap and it's not so rough on my face, I can do a 2 pass, WTG then ATG without too much redness (at first at least, lets see in a few hours)...

Just wondering if any of you tried it?

Although I'd like normal contour blades without that "lubrication" strip that leaves a stringy white mess all over your face...

I wrote a review of it recently, it's in the Safety Razor review section.

I like the blades that came with it, once I peeled the lube strip off. Very sharp, got good shaves out of it. However, the blades aren't worth the price I see them go for online, and I'm not crazy about the Atra blades that Gillette and Personna are putting out right now (I absolutely HATE lube strips, if you couldn't tell already). I have a batch of NOS Atra blades without the strip and that's what I use in my Contour.

If I could find a decent price on the Contour blades I'd order a big batch. They're better than what Gillette puts out here in the US.

Top Bottom