What's new

Newly discovered vintage razor!

An eBay seller is selling a "REGUS" razor! It has the following mysterious markings:

REGUS
PAT.OFF

It is MADE IN USA and is marked GILK41

Picture attached.

I presume the GIL is for Gillette but I must say, the K41 is a mystery to me. Looks like a Tech with a handle I have never seen, but I am no expert.

That is a grooved ball tip Tech. The seller obviously had trouble reading "Gillette" through the soap scum.

Here's one I had.

proxy.php

Thanks all! I do like the looks of the razor. Too bad I have about seven Techs already. Just can't see buying another.

There are so many variations on the Tech. Apparently most are ball-end.

BTW, I have seen Techs on eBay advertised as "Small Moom Tip". Is there such a thing? They are all from a single seller and look like typical ball-ends to me.

Thanks all! I do like the looks of the razor. Too bad I have about seven Techs already. Just can't see buying another.

There are so many variations on the Tech. Apparently most are ball-end.

BTW, I have seen Techs on eBay advertised as "Small Moom Tip". Is there such a thing? They are all from a single seller and look like typical ball-ends to me.

I've seen that too. I think the seller typo'd "moon" as "moom" and simply copies the sale whenever the post another. That said, "Small Moon Tip" isn't a commonly used name, either. I usually use "ball tip" to describe these handles and "ball end" to describe the handles commonly seen on Old Type and early Gillette New pocket editions.

I believe this seller uses the terms small and large moon tip to differentiate between the handles having either a large ball or small ball. He's the only one I've seen refer to the ball as a moon. BTW, REGUS PAT.OFF stands for Registered, US Patent Office.

-Clarke

I've seen that too. I think the seller typo'd "moon" as "moom" and simply copies the sale whenever the post another. That said, "Small Moon Tip" isn't a commonly used name, either. I usually use "ball tip" to describe these handles and "ball end" to describe the handles commonly seen on Old Type and early Gillette New pocket editions.

Interesting. I never noticed that distinction but it is a good one. I will adopt!

Last edited:
I believe this seller uses the terms small and large moon tip to differentiate between the handles having either a large ball or small ball. He's the only one I've seen refer to the ball as a moon. BTW, REGUS PAT.OFF stands for Registered, US Patent Office.

-Clarke

Re: ball size -- I'm sure you are correct and as AsylumGuido pointed out the older Gillettes have the larger ball and the Techs have the smaller ball.

Re: REGUS. Yes, I understand that -- it's what made it a funny listing. The GILK41 did have me confused though and because I had never seen that handle before I thought maybe it was some sort of code, possibly a date code, as suggested by SepticTank.

Top Bottom