What's new

Big Bad Green

This razor was part of another thread, but I decided to give it an individual moment in the B&B sun. I had mentioned that I had not named it yet on the other thread and a couple guys came up with some cool ones of their own. I liked Loch Ness and I especially liked Wasabe. That kinda fits because of the color, it's kind of hot, and yet, it also won't strike everyone's fancy. I temporarily tagged it with Big Bad Green as a matching series name to go with Joel's Big Bad Red razor of the same shape.

This one-piece razor is 9 inches long and is a 7/8's wide out of 440C stainless. The box was custom made a while back by Vladimir Schneider. That guy is amazing and I wish he were still around messing with razors. Instead, he has been pretty busy with his new venture and I hope it works out for him. Getting back to the box...

I had to modify the interior a bit because the new razor didn't have the exact profile as the original. I was close, but it didn't fit. So, I had to cut out the area for the razor, do a bit of fill-in and flock it.

One of the slickest features of the box is on the bottom. After you take the razor out to use it, you turn the box upside down and flip up the brass armature and it serves as a cradle to hold the cutting edge away from hard surfaces, thus preventing any damage. The armature actually kind of "snaps" into place and is secure. It feels like it's spring loaded and works like a champ.

In this first post, I'll show just the box. In the next one I will post pics of the razor in and on the box.

Last edited:
The spine is not from this world.
I liked Loch Ness and I especially liked Wasabe.
biggrin.gif

It's a good thing this place is called Badger & Blade coz that thingy is not a razor; It's an Industrial Strength Dehairifier :lol:

Other than that all I can say is: THUD (my jaw hitting the deck)

Imagine if Mr Ellis contracted to the military to make bayonets and the like, I believe the enemy would not step onto the field.

Wow!

Words will not do it justice! Awesome workmanship once again. Next time you post a razor you made please provide on line tissues to wipe up the drool from our keyboards!

Come to think of it: put a piece of cheese under the cutting edge of the razor when it stands on its box and you have a guillotine mousetrap!:biggrin: Most expensive mousetrap ever!

Top Bottom