What's new

Hello from Indiana, USA

Hey,
Originally I got interested in wet shaving because I got tired of buying cartridges. I first went from the Gillette Fusion to Mach 3 to save but then realized DE blades are orders of magnitude cheaper.

After doing my research I realized this is so much better than what I have been living with. I watched mantic59's videos on youtube and ordered a Merkur HD and a badger brush online. I haven't got the brush in the mail yet, but shaving with the Merkur is amazing and fun (no longer a chore).

Being 23 I always go for the latest and greatest but sometime I am surprised by how old technologies can be better.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself a bit.
-xeemz

Last edited:
Welcome, great to have you here :001_smile

The shaves are only going to get better, not necessarily cheaper :wink: ... but thats a good thing, it will be fun now that your one of us :lol:

For now I ordered a tweezerman from amazon for 13.50 since part of the original goal was to save money, and I didn't want to invest too much without knowing if I'd like it, but I might upgrade in the future.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard.

The Tweezerman is a good choice, I love mine.

As someone who has been around the block a couple of times I want to congratulate you on the discovery that new is not always better.

I work in technology but find myself more and more enjoying "old tech" items like fountain pens, double edge razors and a good badger brush.

Welcome Xeemz.

If you're enjoying shaving now, wait until you get the brush. Did you get a soap or cream to go with that?

For now I'm finishing up the Colgate from my Mach 3 days and got some cheap Nivea from Walmart. I am also adding some soap into the mixture to create a superlather like I have read about and seen on mantic59's videos. Again, I am not sure what I should go with so I decided to go cheap at first but I'm open for suggestions for what I should buy later.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Hoosier by Birth.... Tampa resident now.... Welcome to B&B.... we have a few Hoosiers floating around this community as you are finding out...I just happen to be the Antique one.... Have fun and let us know if we can help.

Top Bottom