What's new

Savile Row Silvertips

Gents,
I was able to wrest some information from Charles at QED about his new range of silvertip brushes with faux ivory handles.
Below from left to right:
Model__Price______Knot size
3226 * $135.00 * 26mm
3326 * $135.00 * 26mm
3122 * $ 98.00 * 22mm
3124 * $115.00 * 24mm
3126 * $135.00 * 26mm
3128 * $150.00 * 28mm
3130 * $170.00 * 30mm (not shown in photo)

guenron said:
Gents,
I was able to rest some information from Charles at QED about his new range of silvertip brushes with faux ivory handles.
Below from left to right:
Model__Price______Knot size
3226 * $135.00 * 26mm
3326 * $135.00 * 26mm
3122 * $ 98.00 * 22mm
3124 * $115.00 * 24mm
3126 * $135.00 * 26mm
3128 * $150.00 * 28mm

I guess the information was tired. Perhaps you will have to wrest it from the jaws of sleep:tongue_sm

I've been waiting about a month for a SR-208. Do you think it is worth the extra money for a SR-3124? The cost is double. Will the silver tip brush be twice as good? What's the vote, continue to wait or pay up for the Silver Tip?

Tony Espo

Now they seem to be in the price range of Shavemac brushes.

I will NEVER say anything negative towards Bernd at Shavemac. He is a great vendor, and I own two of his brushes. But being able to buy "locally", and cheaper shipping cost, plus with Charles also being an upstanding and outstanding vendor, that #3326 has already won my heart! And I generally I don't even like the faux ivory handles. I'm in love!:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

Randy

I am lusting for the 3226, but I would like to see a review first. I think Ron is going to be the pioneer if I am not mistaken. :a24:

I have a 3128 enroute, 2-3 weeks. Waiting time on list.. Unknown, so.. At least I should have 1 before Christmas..

It's on its way!

full

Thanks MTSSB. They now have realtime GPS on the truck so I can keep track of the delivery(ies).:w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:
tonyespo said:
I've been waiting about a month for a SR-208. Do you think it is worth the extra money for a SR-3124? The cost is double. Will the silver tip brush be twice as good? What's the vote, continue to wait or pay up for the Silver Tip?

Tony Espo
Hi Tony,
That's a good question. Seems like no one had the answer.. I too have an SR-208T on order (I am assuming you mean the middle Tortoise Hog?) Charles asked me if I wanted to cancel the order when I ordered the Silvertip. My response, "No, you can never have too much of a good thing." Do you have any silvertip hair brushes? If not, perhaps this is the time to jump in? Anyhow, sorry I didn't see your question hiding in the chatter till today. Give Charles a call. I am sure he can provide some insight that I am missing. I have heard so many good reports on the SR-208T that I really wanted to try it. What can I say? SBAD strikes again!:w00t:

Added:
I believe Charles has a 3122 in stock at the moment, so if instant gratification is your thing, STRIKE while the FUR is FULL! Iron is hot? er, something like that..:001_unsur

As of yesterday, the 3122 was still available.

By the way, did I mention I have the 3126 winging it's way to the shaving den?:jump:

Jerry

Hello Jerry & Ron,

I have a 3226 (I like that long handle) coming either Friday or Monday from Charles. Right now, I have a Savile Row SR24 (purchased more than a year ago) super badger. It is a medium size badger, the brush that was torture tested all this year :smile: .

And I have a small Savile Row SR11 pure badger travel brush with tube, that I use mainly on Proraso and soaps. Definitely stiffer bristles than my SR24.

Based on all these new Savile Rows coming in, we should have a quorum for a good review.

An Omega boar brush will be in the next QED order. Just for fun and variety.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Richard:

Because of the holiday, I had Charles ship mine 3-day which means it will be here Wednesday. Unfortunately, now it looks like I'll be out of town Thursday so I probably won't get to use it until Friday.:mad: The T&H turnback will accompany me on the trip.

I have an SR-231 super badger with a 28mm knot that I love. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this lovely specimen. Looks like we'll all be getting them around the same timing.

I'll be surprised if the reviews differ much.:drool:

Jerry

I have a 3226 (I like that long handle) coming either Friday or Monday

Richard,

Just leave it on the porch...if necessary, I'll take a cab from Ft. Worth to pick it up. I also love that handle!

Randy

By the way gents, I have been enjoying the 3128 (Bigger is Better :yesnod: ) for the past several days and will be posting a more inclusive review by mid next week.

Hmmm..Those Savile Rowes look like Shavemacs to me; moreover, they really ARE Shavemacs!!! Charles switched from Vulfix to Shavemac as supplier i guess.....

Good choice BTW........

Peter

Top Bottom