What's new

good inexpensive shampoo?

is there such a thing? my wife keeps buying me herbal essences and I am not a huge fan, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks

I don't have any special hair needs so I just use Suave For Men 2-in-1 shampoo. It is inexpensive at Walmart.

TRESemme is a product you'll find used by professionals. Its cheap, its good, it smells nice without having any particular fruity scent. It gets your hair CLEAN and does a great job of moisturizing and conditioning.

Head and Shoulders ... its not just for dandruff anymore. They make a separate Shampoo and Conditioner, or you can buy it as a 2-in-1 formula.

Also, check out the house-brands and generics at your local supermarket and drugstore. Many of these carry a label that says "Compare to the ingredients of XXX" so you know what you're buying. Otherwise, you'll wind up with a generic Herbal Essence, or some other fruity-smelling product.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll use anything that's 79 cents or less, and a bottle will last me six months.

The dog uses half of a $15 bottle a pop. :mad3:

Whole Foods 365 house brand works for me. The best and cheapest unscented shampoo I've found. They have other flavors too.

I personally think that you should spend for shampoo what you spend for a good quality shave soap. I use MGA (Max Green Alchemy) but the Whole Foods house brand shampoo is decent also, and much less money.

Purple-bottle Aussie. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Smells like pineapple, the wife loves it. A liter sets me back about $8 at Wal-Mart, and keeps me for 4-5 months.

I personally think that you should spend for shampoo what you spend for a good quality shave soap. I use MGA (Max Green Alchemy) but the Whole Foods house brand shampoo is decent also, and much less money.

As I said, I have no special hair needs, so expensive shampoo would be a waste of money for me. Plus, I only spent $7 on my Tabac. :biggrin:

Mane 'n Tail. I also add essential oils to it. I've tried many, many, many shampoos over the years and I can honestly say I can't tell much difference at all between expensive and inexpensive stuff.

American crew daily shampoo runs 10 bucks at my shop which is not that much more than garnier, looks great in your bathroom, and has a good clean scent. It is actually what i use on most of my damaged hair women in my salon accompanied by the daily conditioner (which leaves a tingly feeling on the scalp) It actually made out of better stuff than herbal essances.

Note:

Most people do not realize that you should shampoo twice. on the first shampoo you have alot of build up and its hard to lather so you use more shampoo. You should actually use a penny's worth on the first go over and just rub across the outer hair no lather then rinse. The next round you will notice that it takes maybe a half a penny's worth to make a huge lather.

Also when you find american cew, redken, etc at retailers like kroger and walmart it is usually more expensive than at the salon

Thanks, will check this out...also I shampoo twice and my wife is always boggled as to why...guess I was right after all.

American crew daily shampoo runs 10 bucks at my shop which is not that much more than garnier, looks great in your bathroom, and has a good clean scent. It is actually what i use on most of my damaged hair women in my salon accompanied by the daily conditioner (which leaves a tingly feeling on the scalp) It actually made out of better stuff than herbal essances.

Note:

Most people do not realize that you should shampoo twice. on the first shampoo you have alot of build up and its hard to lather so you use more shampoo. You should actually use a penny's worth on the first go over and just rub across the outer hair no lather then rinse. The next round you will notice that it takes maybe a half a penny's worth to make a huge lather.

Also when you find american cew, redken, etc at retailers like kroger and walmart it is usually more expensive than at the salon

I shampoo twice if I haven't shampooed the day before

Otherwise, I wash my hair everyday and 1 shampoo is enough (I have oily hair by the way)

I've been trying to reduce my shampoo usage. I had heard that hair doesn't put out as much oil if it already a little oily. I wash with shampoo maybe every 2nd or 3rd day. I rinse thouroghly otherwise. We'll see how it goes.

I use a shampoo bar made by a soapmaker out of Ohio. For around seven bucks, one bar lasts me six months.

Top Bottom