What's new

Art of Shaving Pre-Shave oil feedback

I have been using AOS lemon pre-shave oil for the past few weeks and I am finding that when I apply the oil it just kinda makes my skin sticky instead of slick. I think that it is kind of counterproductive considering you want your skin to be as lubricated and slick so there isnt much friction. But it seems that this does the opposite. I used to use Zirh preshave oil and it made my skin nice and slick. Does anybody have feedback? Am I doing something wrong or is the product just not performing well?

It is my belief that no one should ever buy a preshave oil made by any company that is marketing their product as a "preshave oil".

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is, and always has been, the best and cheapest thing you can use as a PSO. Not only is it far, far better than any PSO made by ANY shaving goods manufacturer, but its only a tiny fraction of the price.

I keep some in an old dish soap bottle and use a bit whenever I feel like. Olive Oil is great for your body inside out. It doesn't just improve the shave, it improves your skin.

More info can be found in these old threads:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol:http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41850&:lol:highlight=Olive:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol:http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18821&highlight=Olive:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is, and always has been, the best and cheapest thing you can use as a PSO. Not only is it far, far better than any PSO made by ANY shaving goods manufacturer, but its only a tiny fraction of the price.

really?

Last edited:
I had a similiar experience with AOS lemon PSO, it came in the starter kit, so I tried it. I swore by it at one time, but once I started making good lather I didn't need it anymore. I made my own PSO with EVOO and castor oil, but don't use that anymore either. Good lather makes it nice and slick!!

Top Bottom