What's new

Pirate's Cove Soap Price Increase

I liked this company's shaving soaps but they just increased the price from $3 to $4 a puck. Now this doesn't seem like a lot as some soaps cost 5 times that amount, but thats a 33.3 % increase. This is not a time to gouge customers. If the price was $4 from the get go then OK but it wasn't so I say to them "See You" :mad3:

It does not sound like a price gouge at all. Some of these soapmakers under price their soaps to begin with. Some are even losing money.

Actually, unless they screwed up some cakes are still $3.00, some are now $3.50, and some are now $4.00.
If your wondering why send him an e-mail. He's always been quick to respond when I have had a question.

I'd have to side with the "still sounds reasonable". If I enjoyed a particular soap or cream, I'd be happy to pay an extra $1 if it supported the "little guy".

As long as they aren't increasing the prices by $1 every season or year, it sounds fine. I doubt the prices were raised for no reason at all.

I never said $4 was not reasonable only that there was an increase of 33.3% I suspect the $3 pucks are the slow moving items. You know supply and demand.

I never said $4 was not reasonable only that there was an increase of 33.3% I suspect the $3 pucks are the slow moving items. You know supply and demand.

Thats why percentages are misleading until you get to much higher numbers... Your arguement is over simply the percentage increase? Add in taxes you'd pay if you were in state, and shipping... and maybe you'll rest easy at night. Also just think, next time they raise it a dollar, it will only be 25%... and then 20%... and then 16.6%...

I remember when they increased the toll on the Bay Bridge, people were outraged, their toll costs would double!!!!!! Thats 200% of the old price!

But in the end, it was a $1.00.

I sympathize a little, an increase is an increase, and it sucks... but I'm sure they had good reason...

Top Bottom