What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

LBF I love the Rolex GMT. Subs are more common but the GMT is just that little bit different, which makes them stand out.

I tend to end up with date watches but I really like no date models. In fact a no date sub or milgauss are high on my want list. SWMBO bought me a winder for our anniversary so rotating without setting has become a lot easier. Now I just need to remember to keep the NOMOS running.

I got an ORBITA Sparta, almost a year ago...I have another winder coming tomorrow.Kind of a "rad" double winder...Will post a picture sometime PM
tomorrow. I've been wearing GMT's since '69...I was a helicopter pilot in Nam when I bought my first....I just love that watch.I use it as my dive watch too.

I wanted a Sparta three but my wife got up sold to an Avanti six, god love her.

Sounds like the GMT has a special place in your heart (hope its as good a place/memory as it could be). The story behind the watch is almost always as important as the watch.

Nice watches everyone! Cstone and little Big, you guys are killing me.:drool:
My watch today is 1967 Seamaster De Ville. This belonged to my late father-in-law and was given to him by his wife as a 25 anniversary present. It was painstakingly restored for me by the "Watch Doctor" Mark Sirianni last year.

$DSC00797.jpg

Pal, very nice. Classic and elegant.

I'm learning about so many more brands that I've never heard of here. Countzer0, I've never heard of Parnis. I assume those are retrograde date and power reserve at ten and two O'clock? Is that an actual tourbillon or an opening to the balance wheel?

It's an opening to the balance wheel. I was told at one time that Parnis was using Seagull movement whether that's true or not not I don't know. I have since put that watch on a rustic leather strap and it's in my rotation much more. The power reserve is a nice feature and the watch keeps great time.

Pal that is a classic... The quintessential gentleman's timepiece.

It does have a cheesy second hand that spins in the opening.... I would rather it not be there.... But it's hard to detect so it's not a huge distraction.

Top Bottom