What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Recently purchased this Seiko SRP777

$IMG_20160503_182418.jpg

Going out of town for a few days. Picked this 1948 Longines with its 27M movement in 18kt rose gold case to tag along, even though gold watches are said to be out-of-style these days. I like 'em so wear 'em.

Today, its my vintage Rolex GMT Master two-tone with a jubilee bracelet. I bought it new in 1985 and its mostly been a daily wearer for 30 years. I've abused my this watch and it still looks and runs great (~ +5 seconds per day).

BTW, this isn't my watch, but its the same model number and design.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Today, its my vintage Rolex GMT Master two-tone with a jubilee bracelet. I bought it new in 1985 and its mostly been a daily wearer for 30 years. I've abused my this watch and it still looks and runs great (~ +5 seconds per day).

BTW, this isn't my watch, but its the same model number and design.

proxy.php
Ever service your GMT? Lovely watch.

I was sporting my GMT this am, but switched to a seiko
proxy.php
proxy.php

Ever service your GMT? Lovely watch.

Thank you, sir. I've had it serviced three or four times. The last time was a few months ago, and it needed it. This model GMT Master has an acrylic crystal which, while very durable, is easily scratched. Like I said, I abuse my watch, particularly when I was younger, and after 5-6 years the crystal looks like its been banged around. That, and it typically needs a good cleaning like any automatic piece. This last service was the first time that it really needed major repair work. Something, after 30 years, had definitely gone wrong with the crown.

BTW, I found a guy in the Dallas area who does great work. My watch is like new.
http://www.swisswatchrepairs.com/

Last edited:
Thank you, sir. I've had it serviced three or four times. The last time was a few months ago, and it needed it. This model GMT Master has an acrylic crystal which, while very durable, is easily scratched. Like I said, I abuse my watch, particularly when I was younger, and after 5-6 years the crystal looks like its been banged around. That, and it typically needs a good cleaning like any automatic piece. This last service was the first time that it really needed major repair work. Something, after 30 years, had definitely gone wrong with the crown.

BTW, I found a guy in the Dallas area who does great work. My watch is like new.
http://www.swisswatchrepairs.com/
Mine has the acrylic as well.

Get a tube of poly watch or MAAS. You can take out the minor scratches

Spent three days in Kerrville, Texas with my wife attending her training seminar.

The rose gold Longines tagged along.

Bummed around both Kerrville and Fredericksburg on Saturday wearing an Omega Speedmaster for a change.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Very nice. I love Fredericksburg, and not just because you can stroll down the street drinking beer :biggrin: Have you been to the restaurant Der Linden Baum? It is close to the Nimitz museum. They make an excellent sauerbraten. If you go, note that they accept cash, checks, and AMEX (I believe). They do not accept Visa and Master Card.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
[MENTION=39901]StuMcB[/MENTION]- nice watch. I have to admit something, though- every time I see your user name I hear the song "Strangers in the Night"

(StuBe doobie do) :biggrin:

Bambino on a Hirsch Duke. Not in love with any of the straps I've used and will keep trying more. 18mm buckle makes it feel small.

proxy.php

Top Bottom