What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

looks like a 2204 slim. If the movement is stamped 1M43 (1st Moscow Watch Factory) it's an older one, too. Very nice watch, still does a brisk trade on the second hand market. Your dial is interesting because it doesn't have the tell-tale mistake of most of the modern fakes, but is missing the original surface.

I doubt this one has been tempered given its value and age, it is my granddad's watch so it has been here since sometime in the '70's :)

I did talked with my dad about granddads watches, and apparently he ran some watch import (mainly Russian watches) back in the days '70-'80. In the past employees here used to get engraved watches from the companies for their work anniversaries and retirement. My guess is that the markings got lost with cleaning/polishing, this one has few crystals changes, I had to polish it myself last month before changing the crystal after it was sitting in a drawer for years.

This week, before it goes off to servicing:

$art-rolex_submariner1.jpg

$IMG_1536.jpg

An older, modded 7002 Seiko.
It is by far the most radical watch I own. The pic did not come out too good. The chapter ring and bezel are the same color.

It wasn't the watch, with the Masonic dial, nor your hairy wrist, that scared everyone off.

It was the composition of the photograph with your symmetrically well-placed foot punctuating the frame. It was the Salvador Dali / Luis Buñuel - ness of that caused everyone to flee in panic.

Nifty watch anyway. And, I like the photo.

Uh...Where'd everybody go? I must be a thread killer.
View attachment 499503

Awesome. I know ican get a nice watch and pay to have links added. It was pretty expensive last time I checked. I bet someone makes aftermarket bands for some watches as well. I never heard of the diver watch extension though but it makes sense.

Cartier Tonneau in platinum ... attending a wedding tonight. The bride and her family have traveled all the way from Korea. The groom was in a play group with my son as babies. A special event demands a fine watch. Gosh, I hope my suit fits okay.
$15182067740_6176d58259_z.jpg

This is why I can't find a watch to fit. View attachment 500511
I don't recall specific vendors off the top of my head, but I would consider a custom leather strap to go with my favorite watch. I think there are numerous casual watches with 45+ mm case designs, and a few that are more formal.

Cartier Tonneau in platinum ... attending a wedding tonight. The bride and her family have traveled all the way from Korea. The groom was in a play group with my son as babies. A special event demands a fine watch. Gosh, I hope my suit fits okay.
View attachment 500555
Nice looking watch.

Top Bottom