What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

A flea market in eastern Poland. Went to bed on sat night in room overlooking quaint empty town square, woke up to 5000 people selling everything there the next morning! Watch has worked perfectly for the 5 years I've bad it

A flea market in eastern Poland. Went to bed on sat night in room overlooking quaint empty town square, woke up to 5000 people selling everything there the next morning! Watch has worked perfectly for the 5 years I've bad it

Bet that was a fun shopping experience.

Much like the British "car boot" sales I would suppose. Picked up this solid 18kt rose gold Longines from the 1940s at a car boot sale in Barnsley, West Yorkshire for £55 back in the early 1990s. Need to take a better photo of it but it's currently away at the watchmakers' shop being serviced.
proxy.php

Bet that was a fun shopping experience.

Much like the British "car boot" sales I would suppose. Picked up this solid 18kt rose gold Longines from the 1940s at a car boot sale in Barnsley, West Yorkshire for £55 back in the early 1990s. Need to take a better photo of it but it's currently away at the watchmakers' shop being serviced.
proxy.php

Nice pic!

Added this new animated watch face to my Sony SW2 smartwatch. Sorry the picture is so bad... tried to get close enough to show detail of the gears (which move).

$SW2AnimatedGearWatch_zps1202f0b6.jpg

Is that the first smartwatch added to the thread?
Times be a changing!

LOL, no, I am sure a few other smartwatches have been posted, including my own. I do find that I don't wear my other watches very often as I find the notifications useful. And once the Moto 360 arrives I will probably figure a way to sneak that one in as well... :001_cool:

$Moto-360-Design-Faceoff-Winner.png

Last edited:
Is that the first smartwatch added to the thread?
Times be a changing!

Nope... I posted the first that I remember in early June, followed on the next page by two more (don't know why Austin's image didn't quote)

I seem to remember a Sony from a few months back but can't find it.
"Replaced" the Citizen Eco-Drive Solar Atomic this week.
It's still my dress watch when I want to wear silver, and my blue Invicta Submariner copy when I want gold trim...

But for day-to day use, I bought the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 in brushed silver. First thing I did was download an alternative face that has a second hand and a digital display since I need the accuracy.

View attachment 461680

It also has a 2MP camera in the case that'll do 1920x1080.
Thanks Tim!

Qualcomm Toq today.
My Sony SW2 SmartWatch... slightly modified to allow me to use custom backgrounds and add more widgets. Across the top: Current Weather and Watch Battery %, and below the time it displays my next calendar appointment (obviously I rarely update my calendar) and below that the last notification).

View attachment 465126

Enicar

Know little about its age. Guessing late 60s/early 70s. It's a good robust timekeeper that probably deserves more respect.
proxy.php

Top Bottom