What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

ive recently put aside or sold most of my automatic watches after ive found a box of a few of my fathers old quartz watches. they have a nice patina, all are very thin and have smaller faces which i like next to everyones huge watches of today. ive bought perlon straps or changed leathers for them and they look super sharp! one is a small square citizen, gold case gold face gold hands on a chocolate brown perlon, one of my favs. ill post some pics on the weekend.

New arrival...

Ben

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 6.38.05 PM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 6.38.05 PM.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 195
Saturday's watch for scraping paint from window frames on our 118-year-old house upon having new energy efficient windows installed. It's a tough old 1950s(?) Glycine I've used as a beater for years.

Rose gold late 1940s Longines for the Sunday watch.

$1470070396626-1016750289.jpg

$14700706406152124823393.jpg

Wearing my vintage Benrus that I received a few days ago...Does anyone know anything about this watch..is it a true Benrus? Any of you ever had one or know anyone who had one? I got it from Ebay and the seller said he restores them, but does it look accurate?

Last edited:
$watchIMG_20160801_142156241.jpg

My first WAYW post of any kind to show off a new Orient Bambino with a lovely strap from Crown & Buckle. I doubt I'll keep the strap on this watch (I ordered the strap specifically for another watch), but it actually looks better than I thought.

2319/2

Here's the "inwardness of the thing," a photo kindly taken by my watch maker when I had it rehabilitated.

A good-sized watch for the era, it features a 37mm case.

It was a sad watch, an Ebay purchase from an auction with bad photography that I took a chance on. Seller said it came from a storage unit on which the lease had been lost for non-payment. Here's the Ebay auction photo.

It was sound inside and runs a treat after being serviced. I installed a NOS vintage pigskin strap on it to give it a '40s feel. It's quite accurate and comfortable to wear as a casual watch.

Here it is with some other items, all being produced in 1944.

The Remington Rand contract 1911-A1 pistol's serial number pegs it about January of 1944.

Top Bottom