What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Nice pictures Matt, I guess there is a market for almost everything but for me paying $70,000.00 for a watch is a market they would not let me in the front door.

Nice pictures Matt, I guess there is a market for almost everything but for me paying $70,000.00 for a watch is a market they would not let me in the front door.

There really is a market for every watch. According to an Expert Watchmaker (that is a title) that gave me a tour of Vacheron Constantin's Maison, many people still purchase watches with minute repeaters that can cost over $100,000.

There really is a market for every watch. According to an Expert Watchmaker (that is a title) that gave me a tour of Vacheron Constantin's Maison, many people still purchase watches with minute repeaters that can cost over $100,000.

I can fully understand spending big money for a technical marvel...when you consider the time it takes to create, hand finish and assemble the several hundred pieces that go in to a minute repeater or other intricate complication the price suddenly seems reasonable.

With jewel-encrusted pieces like those Rolex's you're paying for the stones. Some people like a little bling...different strokes:cool:

Another Big watch day :biggrin:
proxy.php

Also received word that one I've been waiting on will be shipping out tomorrow :cool:
It might make the Glycine look small :lol:

I have been wearing that Explorer II the whole week. My Submarner is not seeing much wrist action. Thanks DS/B MCS :biggrin:

Matt, I knew you would like the Explorer II. It is a great watch and very comfortable. The White dial can easily be dressed up with a suit or worn as a sports watch. I also enjoy the fact it can fly under the radar, and only folks that enjoy watches know it is a Rolex.

They both have the 3185 movement, so I would think they move the same. The biggest difference is the ability to track a third time zone with the bezel.

Yes, GMT Master & Explorers share movements, usually 3185, but some of the newest batches (like my Pepsi) also got the 3186 mov, as the one in the new ceramic GMT Master.

Regards

Today I am wearing my old, trusty SINN divers watch. I bought that watch some 20 years ago directly from Helmut Sinn. His daughter was a secretary in the same company I work for and she gave me all the info I needed. At this time, SINN was just a brand for insiders, mostly pilots, a few divers and Germany's first Astronauts....and the watches were all handmade in Frankfurt in a small manufacture and very affordable! Now, its a status symbol to some extend and sold in much higher numbers and surely at much higher prices.
Still, the watch is great, although the lume is pretty much gone now. The movement is an ETA 2892-2A, same as in my IWC Porsche Kompass watch.

I belong to a watch forum in Spain which was originally devoted to Sinn watches, and have never seen until now that model, and the story is very interesting too. Do you have any more info on that model?

Thanks and regards

Rich, that's my favorite Titoni.
Thanks Austin!

Yours is in much better condition than mine. Great pic :biggrin:
I don't know Mike, I love that white face accented by the red tipped second hand.

Here's my tribute to Rich and his Titoni.

full
[
IMG]
Coming from you, it is a special honor!:biggrin:
Not wearing this one today, so another tribute to Rich

proxy.php
Thanks Mike!
Is this national Titoni day or something? Nice watches, guys.
I don't know Matthew, but I think there should be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom