What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Thank you! I traded a crazy ST Dupont I had received as a gift for the Orient, and didn't expect to love it this much. It's really well engineered, super beefy, but the design hides it well. The ratcheting bracelet is awesome. Definitely built to last.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Since today is a Blue Moon, had to go with the Chronoswiss ..

$IMG_7660.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My new Seiko Solar SSC031 "pepsi" chrono diver. I took it off the rubber strap and put in on the bracelet from my Seiko Black Monster that was killed in a drop.

proxy.php

Cheers!

I can't do rubber straps- they are too sweaty.

Went to the jewellers today for a Skagen watch for SWMBO. An apology as I've been a pain in the *** these past weeks. I lost my job but have found a new one. Better hours, closer to home but a few grand a year less. Anyhow while waiting for the sales girl I saw this beauty. My first Seiko Kinetic. No name just a two tone blue dial M5 62 movement. Half price!! been waiting for a new Citizen promaster but this will definitely do.

$seiko 5M62 kenetik_NEW.jpg

It came with a metal Seiko strap but I'm not one for those, so a Seiko Rubber strap is on order and in the mean time I have a Velcro sports strap on.

Last edited:

Man, I'm jealous. I bought the ti date version last year. I wanted to keep it so bad, but it's just so tall. My Orient is actually taller (close to 18mm, vs 15mm), but the Orient design is genius, and it looks and feels significantly more svelte. It's funny, when viewed from the crown side, the Bangla doesn't look tall, only from 9 o'clock, which is what I see wearing it. I unloaded it pretty quick. I still want one.

^ like the strap!

(Im scared to ask this...) Where can I get a stingray watch strap?

Thanks, and I'm sure there are many makers out there but I went with MrHanz , a maker out of Indonesia. He seemed to work more with rayskin that others.
http://www.mrhanz.com/

Man, I'm jealous. I bought the ti date version last year. I wanted to keep it so bad, but it's just so tall. My Orient is actually taller (close to 18mm, vs 15mm), but the Orient design is genius, and it looks and feels significantly more svelte. It's funny, when viewed from the crown side, the Bangla doesn't look tall, only from 9 o'clock, which is what I see wearing it. I unloaded it pretty quick. I still want one.

The ti is nice, and without a doubt this watch sits high. And if the strap isn't that absolute correct size it will move around some. For the price of these, it's worth it even if you only wear it once in a while. I think the watch is a pretty good value.

Top Bottom