What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

$IMG_0409.jpg

After killing my long serving Seiko Black Monster and finding the repair bill to be a good reason to shop for a replacement, I decided to go with another Seiko diver.

Rather than stick with the automatic movements, I went with a Seiko Prospex Solar SSC031 diver. Like the Monster, it's rated at 200m, and not only has a screw down crown but screw down chronograph plungers as well. The SSC031 is the "pepsi" model in the SSC line of divers. It came with their rubber strap, but I've tried the Monster's 20mm bracelet on it and it's a good look. I'll be getting the actual bracelet for it in the near future.

The depth of the dial and finish/detail on this watch is outstanding. It's a keeper!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've eyed that Seiko solar diver already a few times ... I love the design, and the idea, but the watch itself is too substantial for me.

Nothing fancy or expensive, just a Seiko SNK809, but it is my first and so far only 'real watch.' A birthday gift from SWMBO and I love it.$063.jpg

The Seiko 5's are great watches. Just accept it for what it is (by that I mean a user grade mechanical) and enjoy it for a long time. I've owned a few and I'm a fan.

My new Seiko Solar SSC031 "pepsi" chrono diver. I took it off the rubber strap and put in on the bracelet from my Seiko Black Monster that was killed in a drop.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cheers!

Ooo, a watch thread, I like this! My go-to:

$watchcoffee.jpg

Attachments

• $20150617_160454.jpg
    $20150617_160454.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Top Bottom