What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

That is a nice photo of the Electric blue Omega Seamaster. I was never sure about the wave dial, but I like how the glare is reflected between 5 and 6 o'clock, adding another dimension.

Thye wave is actually pretty subtle in person, but it does very cool things when light hits it at various angles.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408514288.256585.jpg1968 Bulova Accutron Spaceview. I have the original band for it, but I don't like it because it's black, so I put a brown band on it. Maintenance on these is supposed to be a hassle, but my family owns a chain of jewelry stores so I don't have to worry about it [emoji16]

Enicar

Know little about its age. Guessing late 60s/early 70s. It's a good robust timekeeper that probably deserves more respect.
proxy.php

I can help you figure out a little more about it if you'd like. My family owns a bunch of jewelry stores and I'm a timepiece collector. If you can, PM me a picture of the back of the watch, from the name we already know that it's mid to late 80s, quartz didn't make a splash until the late 70s, and the 17 jewel movements were exclusive to the 80s. After that 21 or 23 was pretty much the standard, save for the few companies that thought "the more jewels the better" and started jamming 50+ jewels into the watch, even though anything over 24 has little to no effect on accuracy.

Thanks, msayani.

Now that's a kind offer from a fellow forum member.

If the camera's battery isn't run down I'll take a photo before dark.

Legion

Staff member
Sweet, I found it.

There are a couple of guys at work who are "into" expensive watches. Not nice watches. The kind of watch someone with absolutely no taste would buy if they wanted to show off that they had spent a lot of money on a watch.

They know that I own a few decent watches, and want me to join their club. I aint playin.

So this is my new work watch, which I bought as a silly souvenir a couple of years ago. I thought I had lost it, but found it in my storage unit, still in its bag. It rocks, and I will wear it proudly until they shut the hell up about their TV sized, designer labelled douche jewellery.

Harsh? Mickey says no.

proxy.php

I seem to be allergic to... something in the steel. I can't wear a wristwatch or my skin just "rot", in becomes pink like a healing burn and stinks like hell.

So since I can't afford an all-titanium watch I carry a pocket watch. A swiss army one:

proxy.php

I just don't get why they use luminous hands on that one since it's hidden from light :S
it could be the nickel content in certain metals you are allergic to. have you tried 316 and/or 304 stainless steel? I am highly allergic to nickel and stainless steel is ok

Top Bottom