What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

proxy.php
very nice - elegant.

View attachment 378224Here's that "Bolivia" Chinese watch I talked about. I'm sure they were trying to cash in on the Bulova name back then. It uses a steel post instead of a jewel as part of the hairspring, so it ticks loudly; I kind of like it.

That is not a bad looking watch. I have a one of those Tavan watches which advertises itself as being a $2000 watch, but will only sell on auctions, so I got it for about $50.00, and it is one of the best watches I have ever had. It has kept perfect time for well over a decade and I have only had to change the battery one time in the past 10 years.

Five, that's one of the new Android watches, isn't it? I was thinking of getting one of those. Do you like it?

"I have one of those Tavan watches"

Whoa, those are really nice watches, Steve. The search will start for one.

That's a pebble, and I like it quite a lot, but, as stated, you need to have a fairly large wrist (~7.5 or greater) or it can be overwhelming.

I'm a phone-on-vibrate-in-my-pocket sort of guy, so I found myself missing calls, texts, emails, etc. So I find the alerting on the watch very useful. A quick glance at the wrist OR constant audible alerts, ringing, etc; this one was a no-brainer for me.

I didn't know that's what those watches looked like. I thought about getting one, but I work in a secure building where cell phones aren't allowed, so I couldn't wear it to work at all.

Well....its a watch too....so being in range of your cell phone to receive the bluetooth alerts is just an extra feature. Probably not worth the hassle for you though since, technically, it is capable of sending and receiving via bluetooth.

Im in the same boat, secure building with no phones permitted. However I have heard the range on these bluetooth watch's isnt very great. I would need something with up to 500ft range.

I really only have 2 so I'll post both.

Yesterday
$image(6).jpeg

Today

$photo.JPG

The wife bought me that one about 6 years ago. It was so expensive I can't really get many more watches. But I love it.

It is by no means vintage, it is definitely not anywhere near a fine watch and even though it says Gruen it should not be confused with a pre 1970 Gruen quality time piece. However, it is in my rotation because it was a gift from my daughter when she was about 10 years old - SWMBO had taken her shopping for fathers day gift and she picked this one
$photo-4.jpg

Top Bottom