What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Here we go...

$20120906_110014.jpg

Attachments

• $20120906_110928.jpg
    $20120906_110928.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 164
I didn't realize it was beater day or I would maybe have worn one of the Nixon's I picked up in my twenties or a faux Hublot I picked up in China (great fake but I just can't bring myself to wear it because it's fake).

Anyways Glashutte Original, senator sixties chronograph.
$IMG-20120907-00089.jpg

Full inventory.

Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar XL
Glashutte Original Senator Sixties Chrono
NOMOS Tangente Datum
Frederique Constant Maxime manufacture
Mont Blanc Timewalker GMT
Tag Heuer Carrera 16 Day Date
Rolex Datejust 1977 (bought used still needs to go in and verify that its all original) came on a leather band and replaced with faux Rolex band I had, will replace with real if the rest of the watch is good.
Tissot T-Touch Expert
Nixon Don (probably the most sentimental watch I own)
Nixon Rover
Nixon Rubber Player - Orange
Fake Hublot Big Bang 44mm in rose gold and carbon fibre
Fake Rolex Deepsea
Fake Rolex Daytona, just a broken head the band is on the date just. If I could get the back open I'd love to take it apart and learn about the movement
Sunnto T1 heart monitor - not really a watch but it does have time on it.

I think that's all of them.

I'll take the four. Nixon's were my gateway watches. I give Nixon all the respect in the world, they started out as a cool skateboard company that made stylish but well made quartz watches. I've only ever had one issue with one and Nixon replaced it, out of warranty, for free. Now as their clientele has aged they have grown with them. If you look at their elite line they have some more understated models with full ETA movements. I don't wear them often but still respect the heck out of the company.

As for the fakes they were my gateway into the real, high end market. Two years ago I was on a business trip to China and ended up at one of their many counterfit markets (Luohu). Like a kid in a candy store I bought 8 watches, watches I could never afford, watches I only dreamed about. When I came back home and started wearing them I constantly felt the need to tell people they were fake. I quickly realized that, for me, wearing a fake watch said something about my integrity. Since the fake watch craze was rampant in the place I work I sold off the ones I could, and kept the two that were broken and the one I really still like to look at but would never buy. After that I started buying all my real ones.

I didn't realize it was beater day or I would maybe have worn one of the Nixon's I picked up in my twenties or a faux Hublot I picked up in China (great fake but I just can't bring myself to wear it because it's fake).

Anyways Glashutte Original, senator sixties chronograph.
View attachment 270641

I love the Senator, especially black on black. Your's is a classic!

By the way, why don't you guys put you first names in your signature line. My name is Rich.
It is a whole lot more personable and easier to remember.

This one. Stripped a couple screws on the caseback so I fixed them as best I could and decided to test the waterproofness. Froze it solid in a block of ice and then shocked it with boiling water. Still good as new :biggrin1:

Attachments

• $IMG_0576.jpg
    $IMG_0576.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 195
Top Bottom