What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Vintage Pronto Submersible today.

Attachments

• $sub.jpg
    $sub.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 205
You guys have pretty much talked me out of the Movado. I guess its back to doing some research.

Check out other brands- I think the Movado is a bit old and ot making a particularly great statement, but don't let anyone tell you that there are no quartz movements out there worth $2,000. There absolutely are. Mostly from Seiko and Citizen, but there are one or two Swiss ones which seem to get respect on the High Accuracy Quartz forums. I'd definitely check out watchuseek.com's high accuracy quartz subforum

Personal preference is one thing, ignorance another.

Last edited:
i actually own two watches a citizen nighthawk as my normal everyday watch.
$citizen-men-s-bj7000-52e-eco-drive-nighthawk-stainless-steel-watch.jpg

and a seiko velatura i which try to uses as only a dress watch but since it kinetic driven i have to take it out once in a while to charge it

$seiko-velatura-kinetic-direct-drive-5.jpg

Well, you could get a watchwinder. I've got one as both my watches are automatics, what Seiko calls kinetic.

Seiko kinetics are quartz watches with a rotor that charges a capacitor, it is quite far from automatics which are mechanical. The principle for charging is the same, a weight moves around an axle, and both tell time but that's where the similarities end.

A watchwinder will still work for both though.

Seiko kinetics are quartz watches with a rotor that charges a capacitor, it is quite far from automatics which are mechanical. The principle for charging is the same, a weight moves around an axle, and both tell time but that's where the similarities end.

Ah, I stand corrected. Interesting spin on effectively combining the two major technologies in wristwatches.

Apparently you will need a special watch winder for these Seiko Kinetics, not the traditional watch winder used for mechanical watches.
http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/YT02A-A.asp

Worth the cost? I don't think so. I have a dual watch winder for my auto watches but it was under $50 and that's about how much I'm willing to spend on one. It's crazy to see watch winders cost hundreds (and maybe even thousands) of dollars, I'd rather get another watch instead. But then again, it's crazy to pay what we sometimes pay for shaving gear too :smile:

Top Bottom