What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor today.

Attachments

• $Bern.jpg
    $Bern.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 260
Still have my work watch on...Casio G-Shock. I love that it is solar powered and radio controlled so it updates everyday to the atomic clock. Always the right time and never have to replace a battery.

Don't know what you mean by "unfortunately", but no apologies needed for a vintage Milgauss! Wow!

hello.. in order to inherit something someone close would have had to die which I'm assuming one would look on as unfortunate.

I think what he means is he would rather have the loved one he lost rather than the watch.

Yes, I would much rather still have my father around (passed in 2008) than have his watch. But, it's a great reminder of him.

Interesting thing about the Milgauss is it was bought to be used exactly how it was designed. Our company at the time was doing some turbine rebuilds for an Alcoa plant in Tennessee and with some of the generators running in the dam, mag strips on your credit cards and watches didn't stand a chance. So after ruining a few watches, my mother found him the shop daughter that I now wear. From the time he got it in the early '70's to the time he passed he had it on his wrist each and every day. I know a few of her stories, but would love to hear the others as it has made it around the globe more than once.

Yes, I would much rather still have my father around (passed in 2008) than have his watch. But, it's a great reminder of him.

Interesting thing about the Milgauss is it was bought to be used exactly how it was designed. Our company at the time was doing some turbine rebuilds for an Alcoa plant in Tennessee and with some of the generators running in the dam, mag strips on your credit cards and watches didn't stand a chance. So after ruining a few watches, my mother found him the shop daughter that I now wear. From the time he got it in the early '70's to the time he passed he had it on his wrist each and every day. I know a few of her stories, but would love to hear the others as it has made it around the globe more than once.
Certainly no disrespect intended on my part; I absolutely agree with you.

Seiko SKX007 on an aftermarket Planet Ocean strap like my Mako from an earlier post. I prefer that style strap because I like that it is rounded ends to fit the watch case. Put an oyster on my Mako. I think as far as dive style dress watches go it is a bit more "dressy looking" to me...compared to the Seiko. Both are nice nice time pieces in my opinion. (2nd photo shows both watches)

proxy.php

proxy.php

1973 Seiko automatic Navigator Timer GMT watch. Just received this one this afternoon. The original bracelet fits perfectly and is incredibly comfortable. In the second-to-last photo, notice the little bend in the GMT hand, that allows it to clear the hour hand. Seiko really packed a lot of ingenuity into their mechanical watches, at a great price.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is a sweet retro cool watch!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom