What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Halios Bluering on a mesh bracelet.

proxy.php

Working in the yard today planting Mums. Since I am wearing blue jeans, I thought I might get some use of the watch pocket. Vintage Cortebert Turkish Railroad watch.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
What you think of this one? Too 'girly' perhaps? Pretty ornate and smallish, is what I mean. Not like the current trend for large, technical and functional designs. I got fascinated by the retro styling and the orange dial. It's got thaty 1950s vibe going, don't you think?

proxy.php

Last edited:
What you think of this one? Too 'girly' perhaps? Pretty ornate and smallish, is what I mean. Not like the current trend for large, technical and functional designs. I got fascinated by the retro styling and the orange dial. It's got thaty 1950s vibe going, don't you think?

proxy.php

I really like it! How about telling us what it is?

Tim

Oh, sorry! It's an Orientstar brand automatic watch with power reserve dial, made by Orient. Says made in Japan in the back and the model is YFR00001M0. Also available with a black or violet clock table, I almost chose the black one.

Seems to be pretty rare, I could find only a few sites selling it, and no reviews on anywhere.

Yeah, it is. I may as well come clean, though. It's a very well-executed knockoff of a BR01-94. (What flaws can you spot?) I have spent a lot of money on specific watches, and four figures has not been a barrier to me, but I simply cannot envision spending $7,000 on a watch. So, I looked around for the best and cleanest knockoff I could find, and it's in quartz, no less. I think of it much like costume jewelry. I can wear the style and design without worrying about scratches or dings or losing it to a mugger.
-- Chet

Top Bottom